Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew-Makabu World Title Clash Confirmed, 5/29 At Goodison Park

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bellew-Makabu World Title Clash Confirmed, 5/29 At Goodison Park

Tony Bellew will get the chance to fight for the world title at Goodison Park. The Liverpool cruiserweight (26-2-1, 16 KOs) has a fight with Ilunga Makabu for the vacant WBC cruiserweight crown locked in for the summer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

respect to Bellew but i doubt he wins this one

Comment

Initially it seems like a total non brainer, Makabu by K.O but can Makabu cut a ring off? That is my only question.

He fought & beat Mchunu so I'd presume he can but that fight isn't available. I've seen all his other fights that are available at least and every opponent has shown absolutely zero movement what so ever.
      Bellew is going to do his usual boxing cautiously as hell off the backfoot.

Its making me really rethink this one through.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        Initially it seems like a total non brainer, Makabu by K.O but can Makabu cut a ring off? That is my only question.

He fought & beat Mchunu so I'd presume he can but that fight isn't available. I've seen all his other fights that are available at least and every opponent has shown absolutely zero movement what so ever.
        Bellew is going to do his usual boxing cautiously as hell off the backfoot.

Its making me really rethink this one through.
        Makabu could be behind 13-0 on every card going into the 12th round and still hit a homerun on Bellew.
        I wouldn't say that is a foregone conclusion though. 200lb Bellew can punch a little bit.
        Makabu's only loss was by stoppage in his first fight against some dude
        Feel sorry for the poor b@stards who still aren't following cruiserweights this year

Comment

i'd have rather see him fight Andre Ward at 175

it'd be ricky conlon vs danny wheeler in real life

Comment

I wonder what kind of card he means when he says it's full of locals?

I'm not sure what Scouse boxers Hearn usually has on his cards. Don't see any Smith's being involved except Paul. Callum has his eyes on other things, and Stephen has just fought.
            Rocky Fielding could be on there. Price maybe?

Liam Smith, Matthews, Butler, Dickens and Stalker fight on Warren cards i think?

Comment

Working...
            X