No announcement yet.

Earnie Shavers VS Roy Jones Jr

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earnie Shavers VS Roy Jones Jr

I think this would be one helluva fight! I could see Roy beating the stuffing out of Earnie with movement and speed,using the ring until Earnie finally lands a monster right that nearly decapitates Roy and it's lights out! I just got done watching Ali vs Shavers,great fight! Earnie was an exciting fighter who loved to mix it up,i would love to see a fight between these two guys at Heavyweight,guaranteed fireworks! Don't get me wrong,i loved RJJ but i just have my doubts that he could handle Earnies right hand Atom-Bomb!

Foreman always believed Roy would be a tremendous heavyweight, from the mid-90's onwards.

I dare not feck with George.

Comment

Roy gets nobbled. I know he's a ridiculous specimen of man, but Shavers is not Ruiz. Roy gets sparked, probably before the halfway mark. I'm trying not to be revisionist here, it's my genuine opinion.

Comment

Jerry Quarry knocked out Shavers in a round.

He wasn't invulnerable. Roy would beat Shavers.

Comment

nobody beats a pime roy jones

nobody

Comment

I realise that Shavers doesn't have the greatest chin in heavyweight history, sure, but Roy's power at heavy is even worse. If he couldn't knock out Mike McCallum when he was in his prime at a lower weight, why would he be able to do what only real beasts like Quarry, Holmes and Ron Lyle could do? And don't say speed's the answer, because Ali couldn't KO Shavers, and Ali at heavy is incomparable to Jones at heavy, regardless of how similar their physical gifts may have been in nature. Added to that, Ali has one of the best chins in history; Roy has one of the weakest (relative to his talent). I just can't see any way for Roy to win other than to avoid getting hit by every single shot Shavers throws. And I know Roy's good; he did it for a round against Vinny Pazienza. But he's not THAT good.

Comment

Working...
            X