Collapse
No announcement yet.

The British fighter(s) you have your eye on for 2010

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hatton when he makes a comeback to see what he's left.
    Khan to see if warren lets him fight someone with half a chance of beating him
    Haye to see if he can back up his mouth (doubt it)

On the domestic level the northern irish lads
    Lindsay (FW)- hopefully the fight with Simpson happens and he wins (will be a great fight, wont be easy for either) so he can move on to euro level. he needs to fight more often. Has a shocking lack of rounds under his belt atm.
    McCloskey - Just won the euro JWW belt so hopefully he can defend it a couple of times before Warren arranges a safe fight for Khan and we get a another N.Irish world champion. Only half joking here too. I can see Warren making that fight. McCloskey isnt a big hitter. Id expect him to get taken apart by Khan but u just never know......

Other domestics:
    Chisora - He's a **** but i think he's the best domestic HW. 2010 he might just prove it if he can stop biting people...
    Jason 2smooth" Booth - Enjoyed his fights this year so i'll tune in again next year

Honourable mention to Martin Rogan. cant see him doing much but he's fun to watch

Comment

Originally posted by oldhammad View Post
      As the title says!

It doesn't have to be up and comers, it could be fighters who are recovering from a loss, those who could get on the P4P list and who could have some big fights.

My picks are Nathan Cleverley, Billy Joe Saunders, Amir Khan, Ricky Hatton and David Haye.

I think Cleverley could get an alphabet belt this year. After he fights Brancalio at the end of this month, I'd like to see him face a Ring ranked LHW top 10, such as Uzelkov, Diaconu or Murat. Presuming he gets past both of those fights, a go at a world title. I'd fancy him to beat Braehmer and Garay, and I think he's go a chance at Pascal or Cloud tbh.

Saunders should kick on and get a Euro belt this year, and I think he's got a great future ahead of him. He's an exciting fighter with speed and it seems a bit of power. He doesn't have too much power though and that makes his fights interesting, him having to use his skills rather than rely on power when things aren't going his way.

It''l be interesting to see who Khan fights next - he seems to have improved under Roach a lot and his defence is a lot tighter than it was. I;d like to see him fight Marquez, Bradley, Holt or Maidana. They can all bang, especially Maidana, so i'd like to see how Khan would cope with those fighters. I think he'd outbos and outpoint Maidana, lose to a majority decision with Marquez, decision Holt and lose to Bradley, not sure the way though.

With Hatton, I'd like to see him quit, but saying that, there's nothing like the day of a Hatton fight. I think a good fight for him would be Katsidis, who could move up from LW, and if he wins that, a rematch with Malignaggi.

I want Haye to fight the Klits, like everyone does, and I definitely think he'd beat Wlad by KO, but not so sure about Vitali. Saying that, if Vitali can be taken to a decision with Kevin Johnson I see no reason why Haye can't otubox him to one.

So let me know what you think!
      Amir Khan, Kevin Mitchell, Kell Brook, David Haye, Carl Froch

Comment

Definately Cleverly for me. After that Brook and Mitchell.

Comment

John Murray, Kell Brook, Rendall Munroe, Nathan Cleverly, Walsh brothers, George Groves, Frankie Gavin, Paul McCloskey

Comment

haye
            khan
            brook
            mclosky
            mitchell
            macklin
            and of course if hatton comes bk

Comment

2010 could be a good year for boxing. From a personal point of view il be keeping an eye on;

Khan - looking forward to seeing him taking on on few household names in the not to distant future

Haye - Hopefully we will see him take on one of the Klitschko's in 2010

Hatton - Be interesting to see if he returns, possibly against Marquez

Froch - Cant wait to see him fight Kessler, and hopefully he can progress in the super 6

Alos, hope it can be a year were we see fighters like Mitchell, Cleverly, Brook, Billy Joe Saunders and Murray abit more, and see them start to make the mark on the boxing world.

Comment

Nathan Cleverly and Kell Brook. They should step up in competition this year and we'll see how good they really are.

Comment

Originally posted by oldhammad View Post
                  As the title says!

It doesn't have to be up and comers, it could be fighters who are recovering from a loss, those who could get on the P4P list and who could have some big fights.

My picks are Nathan Cleverley, Billy Joe Saunders, Amir Khan, Ricky Hatton and David Haye.

I think Cleverley could get an alphabet belt this year. After he fights Brancalio at the end of this month, I'd like to see him face a Ring ranked LHW top 10, such as Uzelkov, Diaconu or Murat. Presuming he gets past both of those fights, a go at a world title. I'd fancy him to beat Braehmer and Garay, and I think he's go a chance at Pascal or Cloud tbh.

Saunders should kick on and get a Euro belt this year, and I think he's got a great future ahead of him. He's an exciting fighter with speed and it seems a bit of power. He doesn't have too much power though and that makes his fights interesting, him having to use his skills rather than rely on power when things aren't going his way.

It''l be interesting to see who Khan fights next - he seems to have improved under Roach a lot and his defence is a lot tighter than it was. I;d like to see him fight Marquez, Bradley, Holt or Maidana. They can all bang, especially Maidana, so i'd like to see how Khan would cope with those fighters. I think he'd outbos and outpoint Maidana, lose to a majority decision with Marquez, decision Holt and lose to Bradley, not sure the way though.

With Hatton, I'd like to see him quit, but saying that, there's nothing like the day of a Hatton fight. I think a good fight for him would be Katsidis, who could move up from LW, and if he wins that, a rematch with Malignaggi.

I want Haye to fight the Klits, like everyone does, and I definitely think he'd beat Wlad by KO, but not so sure about Vitali. Saying that, if Vitali can be taken to a decision with Kevin Johnson I see no reason why Haye can't otubox him to one.

So let me know what you think!
                  Amir khan only... the others are a KO waiting to happen

Comment

Frankie Gavin.

No one else compares to his talent and potential.

Comment

Working...
                    X