Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we actually consider what criteria judges actually use to score fights............

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrizzleBoy View Post
    Well, I don't know.

Are you a Valuev fan/Haye hater?

The validity of this dilemma stems firmly upon your answer to that question.
    The lumbering forward was aimed at Valuev. I don't care much for Valuev he bores me and I was rooting for Haye as he is a Brit. Dreadful fight though but Haye won by a couple of rounds. Some have it 8-4 to Valuev don't know what they were watching think they scored it before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
      The lumbering forward was aimed at Valuev. I don't care much for Valuev he bores me and I was rooting for Haye as he is a Brit. Dreadful fight though but Haye won by a couple of rounds. Some have it 8-4 to Valuev don't know what they were watching think they scored it before the fight.
      They couldn't have been objective, that's for sure. I notice a lot of hate for Haye around here(Which Haye also brings on himself) and there's no doubt this has effected their judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
        Yeah, I know I was just making a sarcastic post lol.

I agree that it could've been more action orientated, but Haye fought how he needed to fight to get the judges to score it in his favour, based upon the criteria that they use to judge fights.

Given that Haye won't be fighting any 7 foot monsters again for a while, I'd say we're in for some better looking Haye in the future.

I think this fight was definately a great learning experience for him too.

Comment

Only on boxingscene can missing practically every punch you throw be considered as "doing more".

calzaghe threw more punches than hopkins

calzaghe pushed the fight more than Hopkins

calzaghe looked more active in general that Hopkins did.

But if you're not hitting your opponent, you're not going to win.

Remember, boxing is scored on:
          -CLEAN, EFFECTIVE PUNCHING

-RING GENERALSHIP

-EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION (the word effective is in bold for a very good reason)

-DEFENSE

In terms of clean, EFFECTIVE PUNCHING, calzaghe definately lost. The clean shots came from Hopkins, the most effective shot that hurt the man who has never been hurt in 50 something fights came from Hopkins. The best effective combos were UNDOUBTABLY Hopkins.

In terms of defense............Hopkins slipped and blocked pretty much every calzaghe shot, whereas Hopkins landed with better accuracy.

In terms of ring generalship........well again calzaghe failed for 12 rounds to catch hopkins in a corner where he could batter him. When he did find himself in a corner with Hopkins, he throw a shot, blinked and found Hopkins walking away wondering wtf just happened.

In terms of EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION. How effective was calzaghe when he went on the offensive? How effective was Hopkins when he went on the offensive? Ask calzaghe chin in the 1st and 7th round.

So.....when you actually score the fight based on the criteria used by judges......where is the robbery?

why weren't most british posters saying this after that fight? seems like they change their mind depending on which style the british fighter is fighting at that time. at least some people have integrity and always score fights the same way every fight.

Comment

I scored it by 2 rounds to Haye. Haye made Valuev's aggression deem non effective by making him miss maybe 80% of his punches.

He was mroe aggressive but then I expected it from someone 7 foot and 100 pounds heavier.

He rarely hit on the head clean and mainly hit the body. Haye hit the body with nice jabs and hooks aswell.

Haye moving away made it look like Valuev did good work, but it was his gameplan to get in and out.

Haye hit him with much harder shots and in almost everyone ound landed atleast the same amount.

Haye wasn't great, but Valuev wasn't either.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              Only on boxingscene can missing practically every punch you throw be considered as "doing more".

-RING GENERALSHIP

-DEFENSE

In terms of clean, EFFECTIVE PUNCHING, calzaghe definately lost. The clean shots came from Hopkins, the most effective shot that hurt the man who has never been hurt in 50 something fights came from Hopkins. The best effective combos were UNDOUBTABLY Hopkins.

In terms of defense............Hopkins slipped and blocked pretty much every calzaghe shot, whereas Hopkins landed with better accuracy.

In terms of ring generalship........well again calzaghe failed for 12 rounds to catch hopkins in a corner where he could batter him. When he did find himself in a corner with Hopkins, he throw a shot, blinked and found Hopkins walking away wondering wtf just happened.

In terms of EFFECTIVE AGGRESSION. How effective was calzaghe when he went on the offensive? How effective was Hopkins when he went on the offensive? Ask calzaghe chin in the 1st and 7th round.

So.....when you actually score the fight based on the criteria used by judges......where is the robbery?

why weren't most british posters saying this after that fight? seems like they change their mind depending on which style the british fighter is fighting at that time. at least some people have integrity and always score fights the same way every fight.
              I had Calzaghe winning by 1 round.

I stand by that because Hopkins lost a few rounds by being very unactive. Calzaghe did land more, if weaker but he did land. Hopkins clearly had the harder shots but he was holding a lot without being hurt which is basically cheating to me.

Comment

Even I thought he wouldn't win, but not because I thought Haye wasn't making Valuev look awful, but because I didn't the judges would award him for doing it because he was in Valuevs back yard.

However, they gave him his props.

Comment

-RING GENERALSHIP

-DEFENSE

Calzaghes white, lets hate on white ppl.. Hopkins cheated and clinched over 150 times and should have been dq'd.

Comment

still waiting for a dumb answer from carnivore and clit09

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy Krueger View Post
                      Haye got points for running and landing like 1 punch per round, that is what I heard about this fight that I don't even want to bother watching since Haye fought a boring cowardly fight. Haye can not ever talk bad about the Klitschkos ever again since they land more punches per rounds against their opponents.
                      Do watch the fight. I thought both men did very well considering the size deferents and all.

Comment

Working...
                      X