Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder: who would win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Fury vs. Deontay Wilder: who would win?

Deontay Wilder has had more fights and, at age 26 he's three years older than the age 23 Fury. But Fury has fought the better opposition.

Who would win if they fought during the next year or so?
    Wilder by KO/TKO
    36.84%
    Wilder by decision
    1.75%
    Fury by KO/TKO
    50.00%
    Fury by decision
    11.40%

The poll is expired.

Wilder gets destroyed if he steps up to a C-level opponent given the state of the economy let the guy earn a living fighting in dumps against cruddy fighters he can go 50-0 (50kos) for all i care

He loses against Fury that Towers guy would be a more reasonable scenario

Comment

Fury gets knocked out.

You don't win a bronze Olympic medal for nothing, plus the fact Fury has no defence and Wilder has good power. It may be a tentative fight to start but Wilder stops Fury under 7.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Fury gets knocked out.

You don't win a bronze Olympic medal for nothing, plus the fact Fury has no defence and Wilder has good power. It may be a tentative fight to start but Wilder stops Fury under 7.
        If Wilder were any good, why hasn't he faced a decent journeyman like Firtha, Pajkic, Rossy or Gavern by now?

Comment

id definitely pick Fury. Fury is actually pretty versatile even tho he looks a little clumsy here and there. really fun to watch his fights. we don't know much about Wilder against even competition, and I guess you never really know what is going to happen in a Fury fight either. but Tyson has proved he can get off the canvas and come back to win fights so combined with the skill advantage I think he holds as well, he takes this right now. Good style match up tho

Comment

Everything tells me that an in shape Fury beats Wilder

Comment

The Fury that fought Firta & Pajkic gets either knocked out or, at the very least, knocked down & hurt badly.

The Fury that fought Chisora or Rogan wins on points or late stoppage.

But I hope they don't fight in the next year. Both still developing...

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                If Wilder were any good, why hasn't he faced a decent journeyman like Firtha, Pajkic, Rossy or Gavern by now?
                I'm perplexed at his progression but I think to say it reflects his talent isn't necessarily true.

He could do with adding a good 20 lbs to his legs too, they're like sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                  i Tyson has proved he can get off the canvas and come back to win fights so combined with the skill advantage
                  Skill advantage?

Comment

Too early to tell. Fury's been improving, and trying to put a few Klitschko-esque wrinkles in his game from what I've seen of him. Wilder has nearly identical reach and can at least match his power.

Pajkic, a guy with a KO percentage of 29% against mostly nobodies, sent Fury down hard. Wilder has fought even worse competition, but has a massive punch and has stopped every opponent thus far.

I'd lean towards Fury simply because he's been in there with some better opponents, but they're both still young and crude as hell. Wilder could easily put Fury away in a few rounds (and vice versa).

Shame we won't see this fight anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X