No announcement yet.

Dana on Mark Hunt's title shot: "It's not gonna happen"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
    Hunt is better now than he was in Pride imo (in MMA that is). I think that in Pride he was more of just a kickboxer, and he seems to have diversified his game more. Hard to say, that's just the way it seems to me.
    It was only about 18 months ago when he got submitted by the bum McCorkle in one minute. Unless he upgraded his BJJ in record breaking time, he's still a fish out of water on the ground and anybody who is competent will finish him there. He's still the same one dimensional underachiever.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
      It was only about 18 months ago when he got submitted by the bum McCorkle in one minute. Unless he upgraded his BJJ in record breaking time, he's still a fish out of water on the ground and anybody who is competent will finish him there. He's still the same one dimensional underachiever.
      Who gives a flying fuc.k that he got submitted by McCorkle? Ignorant morons who don't understand combat sports. I answered my own question.

Comment

Who gives a flying fuc.k that he got submitted by McCorkle? Ignorant morons who don't understand combat sports. I answered my own question.
        There he loses his temper again :lol: Every time someone disagrees with you I know that hilarity will ensue.

Guess what, I disagreed with your answer. I don't think he is better than he was before at all. And yes his loss to McCorkle is still significant because it was recent, and it shows how one dimensional he is. I think Struve will submit him for sure if it hits the ground.

Comment

There he loses his temper again :lol: Every time someone disagrees with you I know that hilarity will ensue.

Guess what, I disagreed with your answer. I don't think he is better than he was before at all. And yes his loss to McCorkle is still significant because it was recent, and it shows how one dimensional he is. I think Struve will submit him for sure if it hits the ground.
          I didn't lose my temper, I just don't have any patience for ignorant people.

You say you disagree with my assessment, that's fine.

But the kind of blanket statement which people who can do no more than read fight finder constantly bat around ad nauseam don't really warrant any sort of response beyond what I just gave.

Comment

I didn't lose my temper, I just don't have any patience for ignorant people.

You say you disagree with my assessment, that's fine.

But the kind of blanket statement which people who can do no more than read fight finder constantly bat around ad nauseam don't really warrant any sort of response beyond what I just gave.
            You prove yourself to be ignorant every time you lash out like an infant with personal, immature insults. You need to get off your high horse too btw, you're not the only one who trains mma and it doesn't make you special. There were no blanket statements, only a fact was stated in the right context. And since you like the guy so much, it angers you when people bring up the negative aspects of his game. If you're gonna claim Hunt is better now than he ever was, then it is imposible to ignore that fight. Anybody with great sub abilties will likely beat him on the ground, and no amount of favorable stylistic matchups against strikers and crappy wrestlers will change that.

Comment

You prove yourself to be ignorant every time you lash out like an infant with personal, immature insults. You need to get off your high horse too btw, you're not the only one who trains mma and it doesn't make you special. There were no blanket statements, only a fact was stated in the right context. And since you like the guy so much, it angers you when people bring up the negative aspects of his game. If you're gonna claim Hunt is better now than he ever was, then it is imposible to ignore that fight. Anybody with great sub abilties will likely beat him on the ground, and no amount of favorable stylistic matchups against strikers and crappy wrestlers will change that.
              That fight is sort of used as a catch all critique it seems. People don't seem to realize that a loss is a loss, and that was 4 fights ago. He got beat, fair enough, now lets move on. He won his last three.

I don't disagree though really, he hasn't earned a shot. The only reason I thought it could be worth entertaining was because of the various turns of events which happened, and which put him in a position to be potentially considered. I'm not disappointed that he's apparently not getting the fight, and I do think he had ought to have a couple more wins to put himself into position. It was just that as a substitute, he didn't seem like a bad candidate based on the many injuries/lack of fighter availability, and I was sort of pulling for him.

Comment

people forget both overeem bros got him in secs

Comment

Mark hunt can win fights against gatekeepers standing. Once someone puts him on his back, he's done in seconds. And if you put him against fast accurate strikers (Cain, JDS) he will get outworked and finished in style.

Get off the mans nuts, not even Hunt deep down believes he can beat JDS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dorian View Post
                    Mark hunt can win fights against gatekeepers standing. Once someone puts him on his back, he's done in seconds. And if you put him against fast accurate strikers (Cain, JDS) he will get outworked and finished in style.

Get off the mans nuts, not even Hunt deep down believes he can beat JDS.
                    Because he's been finished soo many times standing right? Stop hating on the guy. Mark's a good dude....

Comment

i wish hunt was getting the fight, no he doesn't have much of a chance but he's my favorite fighter and it's doubtful JDS would try to submit hunt, he'll stand and trade with him. i'm sure hunt would lose but i think he'd make it an entertaining fight. the super samoan has had a great career and i wish he could get one last title shot

Comment

Working...
                      X