Most wins vs. former or current world titlists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
    "Chico Marx

Another "typo" I bet'.......he was the famous lightweight contender who's brothers also fought. The Fighting Marx Bros. everyone has heard of them.
    Groucho, Zeppo, Harpo, Chico and you dumbass!

If you think FGloyd is an ATG thats fine by me but to me he had solid years early his career at 147 is just BS!!
    The guy fought 11 or 12 bouts against hand picked opponents. Hand picked by him!
    Fighting Berto then the mma guy, please your insane if you don't think the great welters don't beat that kids azz. He has NO power at welter, none!

Ray
    You didn't even know fights were 12 rounds and Diego Corrales nickname was Chico

You clueless c*nt.

Comment

You clueless c*nt.................Now I know your just a kid.

Insults that would get your butt handed to you in person are meaningless over the net. Another internet tough guy.......

Don't go away mad just go away.........

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
        Like I've stated, with four sanctioning bodies it's much, much easier for Floyd to lead - while older fighters were around for the most part with a single champion in each weight class
        You're right about there being a lot more titles now it's ridiculous, but at the same time back in those days fighters were fighting 3-4 times a month whereas nowadays they fight twice a year. So obviously someone like SRR had a lot more opportunities to fight guys and therefore people say those guys records were way better because of the sheer number of fights they had. That plus nostalgia makes it very hard for people to rank Floyd above these guys but that's not the debate here and I think we can all agree he has the most wins vs champs and the best resume in the modern era (or lets just say last 20-30 years). Even a guy like JC Chavez who had 100 plus fights had less wins against world champs than Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          You clueless c*nt.................Now I know your just a kid.

Insults that would get your butt handed to you in person are meaningless over the net. Another internet tough guy.......

Don't go away mad just go away.........

Ray
          Go and learn how many rounds there are in a fight and come back clown.

Comment

Now we get back on track. Insults and mudslinging stops here.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Yeah. Today you have 4 'recognized' sanctioning bodies and 17 divisions. That makes 68 potential champions (not counting 'regular', 'interims', 'silver', 'ring', 'lineal' etc.). Compare that to the 8 original champions.

Lets say that a welterweight from back in the day decides to move up 13 lbs, he would have a chance to get one boxer to give him a score in this threads criteria. If a boxer did that today, he'd have 8 potential scores.

It clearly shows that this comparison is not fair when comparing eras. It's clearly skewed towards modern fighters who also have the option of cherrypicking the easiest opponent to get a score.
              This sums up the whole comparison. If we're going to count paper trinkets we might as well say every top 3 fighter a champion beat in a one title era counts as a belt. It's pretty much fruitless and impossible. Resumes should be the main factor in judging greatness in my opinion. Skills can be taken into consideration, but without the resume there is no proof.

Comment

A better point might be for the sake of boxing purists, How many undisputed titles(true champion) did any of the names mentioned hold. This is a true measure of greatness. Robinson was the undisputed welterweight champion and the undisputed middleweight champion.
                Unfortunately in this era a fighter can win one version of the welterweight title and select the best matchup for himself at light(junior) middleweight but not take over the division by beating all the champions. Leaving an asterisk by his accomplishment.

Food for purist thought.
                Last edited by TBear; 10-12-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  A better point might be for the sake of boxing purists, How many undisputed titles(true champion) did any of the names mentioned hold. This is a true measure of greatness. Robinson was the undisputed welterweight champion and the undisputed middleweight champion.
                  Unfortunately in this era a fighter can win one version of the welterweight title and select the best matchup for himself at light(junior) middleweight but not take over the division be beating all the champions. Leaving an asterisk by his accomplishment.

Food for purist thought.
                  It's an impossible task to compare eras in regards to title holders because in this new era it's extremely difficult to be an undisputed champion with mandatories, politics etc.

Comment

True, but I'd still only count undisputed, lineal, and Ring champions, which are usually also lineal.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      True, but I'd still only count undisputed, lineal, and Ring champions, which are usually also lineal.
                      Ring champs before or after Golden Boy bought the mag?

Comment

Working...
                      X