No announcement yet.

Dick Tiger vs Sugar Ray Robinson @ middleweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dick Tiger vs Sugar Ray Robinson @ middleweight

This is the Robinson that fought at middleweight before his retirement so around 51-52 ish, against a tough and underated boxer in Dick Tiger, who would come out on top?
    Dick Tiger
    16.67%
    Sugar Ray Robinson
    83.33%

Can't believe how biased you are. NO WAY does this past prime Robinson beats a master boxer like Tiger! Dick was very strong, despite not being as tall as SRR, I have no doubt he was actually stronger than him. He'd maul him up and knock him down at least once.

Comment

This would be an interesting match-up.

Dick Tiger is certainly the naturally bigger and stronger of the two men.

I imagine he would try to be the aggressor, get inside and rough him up. Despite having an excellent skill set himself. Tiger displayed great ability to box from the outside aswell as mauling on the inside, but, I don't imagine that would be how he'd go about trying to win.

Whilst Robinson would undoubtedly be the best Middleweight Tiger would have faced, I would argue that Tiger would also be one of the best Middleweight's Robinson would have fought despite possibly Jake Lamotta.

I think the fight certainly goes to a Decision. Tiger and Robinson both had phenominal chins, and neither of them are getting stopped here in my view.

I see them feeling each other out for the first few rounds, and eventually get into a fight. Displaying skills, strength, heart, will, determination and the rest of it. I mean, both were gifted with all of these tools. It really makes for a great fight.

I think they would have a 3 fight series with Robinson winning 2-1, maybe even 1-1-1.

Comment

Tiger at his best as the betting underdog would be a decent bet, very underrated fighter but not the most consistent but neither was a 51/52 Robinson. La Motta had his moments early, Graziano caught SRR and Turpin beat him so that version of Robinson though still good wasn't unbeatable. I'd go with Dan and certainly fancy Tiger to nick one out of three.

Comment

Working...
        X