Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop feeling sorry for Escobedo!! He deserves no sympathy and was lucky for this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
    And, FWIW there other members in boxing who also feel Escobedo was pressured/forced to take this fight.

But, lets act as if boxing is not a dirty sport.
    I know all about boxing being dirty, but this is a crackpot theory.

They can't force anyone to do anything~ if he was getting fucked and blackmailed so bad why would he want to stay in the business~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      Or I can believe that the moon landing didn't happen, or that 9/11 was a conspiracy, or that the CIA killed both Kennedy's~

He will still be at the top of the WBO rankings, so Top Rank would sign him to throw him in with Magdelano for that vacant strap.

They can merely offer him a choice, and they can be starkly different but it is still his choice, he COULD walk away there might be consequences to that choice but there are always consequences to the decision we make.
      And, if Top Rank can't sign him due to being in contract with Golden Boy? How is he going to fight Magdelano for the vacant strap?

Yea his "choice" could very well be fight or be forced to quit fighting.

Yea you probably believe that unicorns exist as well. Thinking boxing is not dirty

Comment

And, if Top Rank can't sign him due to being in contract with Golden Boy? How is he going to fight Magdelano for the vacant strap?

Yea his "choice" could very well be fight or be forced to quit fighting.

Yea you probably believe that unicorns exist as well. Thinking boxing is not dirty
        Can't stop a purse bid broham if GBP doesn't bid they couldn't stop Top Rank from bidding~

Comment

Can't stop a purse bid broham if GBP doesn't bid they couldn't stop Top Rank from bidding~
          Even if Golden boy "losses" the purse bid. Doesn't mean Escobedo gets the fight "broham". Russell Jr-Franco is a perfect example "broham"

Comment

Even if Golden boy "losses" the purse bid. Doesn't mean Escobedo gets the fight "broham". Russell Jr-Franco is a perfect example "broham"
            You mad?

If Escobedo is blackballed by GBP, Haymon and whoever, Arum would spend the money just to make them look bad and talk shit about them~ that and Magdelano would probably beat up Escobedo.

I have as much proof unicorns exist as you do that they forced him to fight~

Comment

You mad?

If Escobedo is blackballed by GBP, Haymon and whoever, Arum would spend the money just to make them look bad and talk shit about them~ that and Magdelano would probably beat up Escobedo.

I have as much proof unicorns exist as you do that they forced him to fight~
              Are you mad? Since you're stupid enough to believe that a fighter has to fight even though his promoter loses a purse bid.

Comment

Are you mad? Since you're stupid enough to believe that a fighter has to fight even though his promoter loses a purse bid.
                Why would Escobedo turn down a title fight if he is blackballed by his promoter~ which was your whole premise.

Comment

Why would Escobedo turn down a title fight if he is blackballed by his promoter~ which was your whole premise.
                  When did I say that he would turn down? Just said doesn't mean he will fight even if he losses the purse bid. His promoter, can pull him out. I gave Russell-Franco as an example of a promoter losing the purse bid and pulling his fighter out for a reason. Pay attention, or are you too mad to read broham?

Comment

When did I say that he would turn down? Just said doesn't mean he will fight even if he losses the purse bid. His promoter, can pull him out. I gave Russell-Franco as an example of a promoter losing the purse bid and pulling his fighter out for a reason. Pay attention, or are you too mad to read broham?
                    No his promoter can't do shit his promoter could advise him not to fight but if he is being blackballed by them why would he care what they have to say, if he walked away from this fight he would have kept his ranking and Broner's belt would be vacant (which is the case anyways). So they would hold a purse bid, if Arum pulled strings he could have Magdelano lined up for that and would pay enough money to make sure it came off so his guy could win a belt and talk **** about what GBP and Haymon were doing to Escobedo so he can look like a good guy and make them look like bad guys.

Bone up dude before you come see me again, although your tears are sweet like Skittles so if you want to keep trying feel free.
                    Last edited by The Gambler1981; 07-22-2012, 01:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X