Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you see Anthony Yarde being the next Anthony Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's in a hard division, and there is even tough domestic fights for him right now.
    He needs more fights at a tougher level. It would be a mistake to rush him too much i feel.

Comment

Another top UK prospect, lots of them at the moment.

Comment

I call him the British black Canelo, he’s got the look to make people want to see him fight, he’s short and stocky for his weight class, he’s athletic and looks to have some pop in his punch.

He’s still learning his craft so I think he has more potential as a money making draw then all of the rest of fish eyes current stable.

I’m a fan, he seems to have that “it” factor kind of like AJ

Comment

He's not anywhere near in terms of skill, power or popularity

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
            I call him the British black Canelo, he’s got the look to make people want to see him fight, he’s short and stocky for his weight class, he’s athletic and looks to have some pop in his punch.

He’s still learning his craft so I think he has more potential as a money making draw then all of the rest of fish eyes current stable.

I’m a fan, he seems to have that “it” factor kind of like AJ
            I'agree. I'd guess 'fish eyes' would too considering he headlined that last show.

Do think he's an incredibly limited fighter though that will become unstuck the moment he comes across someone that isn't just a punchbag for him. Obviously he's got time to change that but I don't see him learning much from his current calibre of opposition... if anything he's more likely to gain more bad habits.

Comment

We'll see when its not a SMW landing those rights on him all night. I don't see it myself

Comment

It's really next to impossible to assess his true level on the basis of who he's fought, but his learning curve is gradually steepening... Granted, to date that's just from domestic canon fodder to euro-level canon fodder, but he's moving the right direction and perhaps most importantly is staying busy. In my book Anthony needs to be taking on some vets with championship experience before the end of the year... someone who has a bit of craft and will punish him for his mistakes - I'm thinking the likes of Murat or Mohammedi - if he can get past those kind of guys then he can start to be considered as a potential contender at the world level, but it's a deep pool he's swimming in, so I'm wary of making any real predictions for him. Kid's off to a decent start though.

Comment

Working...
                X