Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will watch it.:

Comment

Originally posted by M.I.C. View Post
      Nobody, cause the more and more I think about it, the more I realize HBO PPV is not picking up this fight. This is a ratings disaster now for Bob Arum and Top Rank. If May-Mosley pick any date in March at all HBO will put their full might into that fight. So let me clarify, though I do think Pac-Clottey is a good fight I dont think its a money maker and I dont think HBO is going to risk investing in it.
      Jumping the gun there *****.

Wait until the fight is signed, Floyd can duck Mosley anytime during the negotiations.

If the fight does indeed get signed, I'll stop calling Floyd a coward chicken.

Comment

Well HBO has started a tradition where they do a 24-7 for each of their PPV fights, I dont think they will put that kind of investment into a Pac-Clottey fight though. After all HBO has a right to accept and turn down fights and I'm pretty sure Clottey was Arum's decision alone, despite what HBO had to say about it.

Overall I think a Pac Clottey 24/7 would not get very high ratings and it may convince some people to not by the fight. I'll say this though, if there was a 24-7, I'd be tuning in to see Clottey not Pac. Pac and the camera is pretty dull to me. Pac-Cotto 24/7 was horrible but May/Marquez was quite good.

Comment

Well HBO has started a tradition where they do a 24-7 for each of their PPV fights, I dont think they will put that kind of investment into a Pac-Clottey fight though. After all HBO has a right to accept and turn down fights and I'm pretty sure Clottey was Arum's decision alone, despite what HBO had to say about it.

Overall I think a Pac Clottey 24/7 would not get very high ratings and it may convince some people to not by the fight. I'll say this though, if there was a 24-7, I'd be tuning in to see Clottey not Pac. Pac and the camera is pretty dull to me. Pac-Cotto 24/7 was horrible but May/Marquez was quite good.
          They don't put 24/7 for all there PPV fights. Look at 2008. The only reason all of 2009 PPVs had 24/7 is cuz there was only 3 all year... Remember less is more...

But, this year HBO is going 2006 all over again... So not all there PPVs will have a 24/7...

Anyways all your points that Pac-Clottey is on HBO PPV on March 13?

Comment

[QUOTE=jrosales13;7296863]They don't put 24/7 for all there PPV fights. Look at 2008. The only reason all of 2009 PPVs had 24/7 is cuz there was only 3 all year... Remember less is more...

But, this year HBO is going 2006 all over again... So not all there PPVs will have a 24/7...

Anyways all your points that Pac-Clottey is on HBO PPV on March 13?[/QUOTE]

Dont understand the question but I predict it will be an independent Top Rank Production. Of course, this will be based on what MAYWEATHER decides to do with the March 13 date. Yes the Floyd factor, its huge in the sport isn't it?

Comment

[QUOTE=M.I.C.;7296899]
              Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              They don't put 24/7 for all there PPV fights. Look at 2008. The only reason all of 2009 PPVs had 24/7 is cuz there was only 3 all year... Remember less is more...

Anyways all your points that Pac-Clottey is on HBO PPV on March 13?[/QUOTE]

Dont understand the question but I predict it will be an independent Top Rank Production. Of course, this will be based on what MAYWEATHER decides to do with the March 13 date. Yes the Floyd factor, its huge in the sport isn't it?
              The question is that if you want to bet 25k that Pac-Clottey is going to be on HBO PPV?

I don't know any other way I can explain it better...

Comment

Was Clottey-Cotto PPV?

I think it'll be a PPV fight, but if its not all the better for you guys then?

If Mayweather was fighting ANYONE (even Alvarez or Matt Hatton) It would be a PPV fight, i expect this one to be even if the ratings aren't that great. It'll still bring it more buys than say the Marquez-Casa one they put on etc.

Comment

Mayweather-Molsey 24/7 is more entertaining. ANYWAY, Pacquiao-Clottey may not even be on HBO

Comment

actually i would love to watch all 24/7's of all fighters! except Malignaggis muahaha

Comment

and the actual pac vs cotto fight was 200,000 ppv buys way more exciting than the actual floyd vs jmm........lol

Comment

Working...
                      X