Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios: Pacquiao Picked Me Because I Lost, Big Mistake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
    Rios has the right idea with getting up close to Manny because Pacuiao doesn't have a tight inside fighting style.
    Are you kidding me? Margarito's facial bone got smashed when he had Pacquiao cornered. Cotto got dropped when he and Pacquiao were an inch apart. Just because Pac doesn't move his head when in the pocket doesn't mean he's not going to get you with a bricked left hand.

Comment

No, he picked you because

No, he picked you because you shoulder roll punches with your face and your charging in a straight line technique is second to none.

Your inability to fight on the outside is legendary...you only have an inside game.

This is why the Pac-Man picked you.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
        If Rios wants to win this fight he has to let Manny initiate the actions and not just walk towards him throwing punches because all Manny is going to have to do is move to the side and throw punches and bounce out the way. Manny is way faster than Rios. Rios has the right idea with getting up close to Manny because Pacuiao doesn't have a tight inside fighting style. Have to show different looks in the ring with Manny to keep him off of his game. Fighters should know by this point that you can't pressure Pacquiao by coming forward defenseless.
        pacquiao doesn't have a tight fighting style?

you better watch his fights again.

he is most dangerous up close. you just don't get to see it a lot.

a lot of guys got their heads cleared up close, trying to crowd manny. ask coto, marg, hatton.

pac doesn't look it when he's reaching and lunging but he actually has compact tight punches inside. it's just he's rarely there.

Comment

Bad choice. Its a lose lose situation fir pac. He loses and it is true he will never he the same like all others who were out cold and tried to continue. If he wins he beat the 6-7 ranked 140 at 147 who just lost so no big victory there.

Bad choice

Comment

I would say they picked Rios because that fight should be right in Manny's wheelhouse if Manny is anything like he was.

I know people dog Manny's boxing ability but he is a pretty good counter puncher, certainly good enough to get the best of a wild slugger like Rios at least if he has any as in his tank at all.

Comment

Rios`s style is no problem for Pacman. Coming in, straight, with no defence, throwing wide hooks is not the style to beat pacman. Ask marquez for some advice. He would say, you need a very good timing and a strong straight right hand to catch him on the way inside, or a quick right hand when the pacman is on the way out, after he has throwing his straight left on your chin. But i doubt that Rios can keep this in his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                Bad choice. Its a lose lose situation fir pac. He loses and it is true he will never he the same like all others who were out cold and tried to continue. If he wins he beat the 6-7 ranked 140 at 147 who just lost so no big victory there.

Bad choice
                I think it is a good choice to make Manny look good and get him back on track against a fairly known opponent. Although it is risky because he doesn't even have to lose, if he doesn't look good against Rios he is done.

It is not very meaningful, but this is the process after a guy gets taken out like Manny did.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                  I would say they picked Rios because that fight should be right in Manny's wheelhouse if Manny is anything like he was.

I know people dog Manny's boxing ability but he is a pretty good counter puncher, certainly good enough to get the best of a wild slugger like Rios at least if he has any as in his tank at all.
                  floyd guys try to make pac out like some unskilled brawler.

pac has many faults when he reaches and lunges.

he is not a technical fighter.

but his natural punching ability and instinct in exchanges is excellent.

Comment

If Rios "boxed," which would consist of him running, because he doesn't actually know how to box, I would be more disappointed than any fight in a long time.

I can guarantee Rios won't successfully get inside on Pacquiao, not unless Pac is shot. Pac is a very hard fighter for a pressure fighter to get inside on.

Comment

Originally posted by PulpFriction
                      Rios is gonna eat a lot punches, certainly a fight that will not only damage his record but possibly his health as well.
                      You were picked because you are coming off of two brutal wars with Alvarado in which you took a lot of punishment. Plus you are coming off a lost, plus your speech is starting to slur. Classic Pacquaio opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X