Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Espinoza: Donaire-Mares - More Sense Than Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like both fights. If they happened 2 in a row, that would be outstanding.

Comment

What's the point of having the megafight of the jr featheweights division if nobody sees it? It'll get twice as many viewers on HBO than on Showtime. If the goal is to make a star out of the winner, the fight should be seen by the biggest possible audience. Even if Showtime offers a bit more money than HBO, it probably still isn't worth losing the viewership you can get from HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpizza-nd_beer View Post
        Donaire - Rigo is ripe with all the side stories going on between the camps. It's a headier, more tactical match up that would unfortunately interest only boxing fanatics. Donaire would provide the name to sell that fight.

The match up that needs to marinade is Donaire - Mares. Mares needs to beat a really good named opponent in his next fight to make the Donaire match up irresistible even with the promoters in the way.
        It will be a superfight I would love to pay for.
        ???...needs to marinade? mares needs to fight a good opponent? he's already faced good,known opponents,he just beat a guy who is an excellent boxer and some even had him in their pound for pound list,he's fought known fighters like darchinyan and faced tough fighters like agbeko,if anyone needs to fight known fighters it's rigondeaux,he should fight guys like darchinyan or montiel,those guys are ex champs and known,but the chances of mares/donaire happening I think are slim,might as well just make the rigondeaux fight,both are champs and I see donaire winning easily,

Comment

Best of luck with that one......

Comment

if donaire gets mares and wins then he'll never give rigondeaux a shot for sure

Comment

If Donaire beats Mares I have no issues with him moving up after that. Even though I would still like to see him fight Rigo afterwards.

Comment

of course mares is the better fight he earned it through constant tough fights not struggling with bums and crying for donaire.

Comment

I have a feeling Mares is going to fight Donaire in 2014 when Mares contract expires with GBP. Till then Mares will fight a couple a guys just to stay busy and never fighting Santa Cruz in the process.

Comment

i really hope tr and gbp set thier differences aside and make this fight happen. they owe it to the fans

Comment

Donaire beats both guys but I want to see it and not just argue about it.

Comment

Working...
                      X