Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Peterson, Berto and Tarver Be Banned for 4 years Like Larry Olubamiwo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And obviously a special case like Berto, should be different. Wasn't it proven that Berto had such a small amount if it in his system that he got it from something contaminated??? If that is "prove" to be the case, I say a 6 month ban for the first offense.

But if it can't be proven, than this.....

1st time: 1 year
    2nd time: 2 years
    3rd time: Life
    Last edited by 4Corners; 06-23-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I don't think anyone should be banned until it is well proven that they were purposely cheating.
      That's quite possibly the most ******ed thing I've ever heard. Nobody can ever prove they "purposely" cheated unless there exists footage of these guys doing it, which there isn't. So naturally they're going to sing the same tune that all professional athletes sing when they get caught on a blood or urine test : "I didn't know what I was taking!" , "It's a false positive!", etc, etc, etc....

Every human being on this planet knows what they're putting into their bodies, professional athletes even more so than the non-athlete. It's time to stop entertaining these fabricated stories and time to start punishing these as*holes for breaking the rules.

Period.

Comment

They should all be banned 1-2 years to get the Roids out of their system. Unfortunately, boxing doesn't have a central drug testing body in the USA like they do in the UK. All the commissions, promoters, and boxers should get together and pick an independent one to administer tests to all the fighters year round. They'll have to agree to abide by doping administration's decision on bans.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          I say this......

1st time: 1 year
          2nd time: 2 years
          3rd time: Life

4 years for the first time is too much. Margarito had f**king bricks in his gloves and was only banned for a year.
          I guess it's who you are and who you know?
          Honestly... I thought 4 years was pretty crazy

Comment

Mistakenly or not, boxers need to be more aware of the stuff put in their bodies. They can fatally injure someone.

Comment

We can even take this thread a step further.

Of course there should be a ban for failing a test. But there should also be a ban for refusing a test as well.

Comment

Missing a test, not declaring prescribed drugs, positive test of a banned substance that was inadvertently used and excused it believed. 2 year ban.

Taking any banned substance 4 year ban.

Get caught again lifetime ban.

No point in catching these cheats if we are not going to do anything about it.

Comment

no.. all four are vastly diffrent situations.

didnt olu-whatever say he had been juicing for like 6 years? tarvers situation isnt even cleared up yet, hes gonna challenge the verdict so hes still not even proven guilty.

bertos case to me was a clear case of contamination, dude takes all sorts of supplements and bought the stuff legally so i belive him when he says he took it not knowing.

peterson not so much, i find it hard to belive someone takes testosterone knowingly and doesnt figure he should look closely into the legal status of what hes doing.

so it depends on the situation, none of them should get as much as the british dude though. 2-3 years for peterson, 1-2 years for berto and BIG fines for both. i mean huge fines, the money from busted fighters could be spent on the costs of olympic stye drug testing.

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                    no.. all four are vastly diffrent situations.

didnt olu-whatever say he had been juicing for like 6 years? tarvers situation isnt even cleared up yet, hes gonna challenge the verdict so hes still not even proven guilty.

bertos case to me was a clear case of contamination, dude takes all sorts of supplements and bought the stuff legally so i belive him when he says he took it not knowing.

peterson not so much, i find it hard to belive someone takes testosterone knowingly and doesnt figure he should look closely into the legal status of what hes doing.

so it depends on the situation, none of them should get as much as the british dude though. 2-3 years for peterson, 1-2 years for berto and BIG fines for both. i mean huge fines, the money from busted fighters could be spent on the costs of olympic stye drug testing.

So the lesson here is lie and make excuses and you will get away with cheating

Comment

Peterson and Berto are first time offenders and young fighters...Tarvers should know better!

That being said, Peterson and Berto will be able to get their careers back on track when they return no different then Orlando Salido testing positive against Robert Guerrero for ironically the same thing Berto tested positive for "Nandrolone"

Fighters need to work harder and stop trying to take shortcuts by using Illegal Stuff, it is no excuse for Failing a Drug Test...PERIOD!

But it is hard to keep things under control when you have no Boxing Commission and you don't have one Governing Body...it is a TON OF CHEATERS IN BOXING but when your Promoter as well as all these damn Belt Organizations is not making Testing a "PRIORITY" then what is the point...Bob Arum will just match Cheaters with Cheaters

What is a little funny though is how fans have SELECTIVE OUTRAGE, they are quick to ask for certain fighters to be banned when they fail a test or get caught "trying to cheat", you don't hear "LIFETIME BAN" but for other fighters...OH BANNED HIM FOREVER! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X