Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so sergtards criticize manny/floyds opponents but cool with him fighting manfredo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergtards???? There has to be a better name.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
      Yeah I was generalising, and you're in the minority, not many people like the Pac-Mosley. I'm with you too, these guys worked so hard to get to where they are, to be in a position where they can choose fights to get as much money as possible before they retire, and they get **** on for it, what they did to earn these paydays dismissed.

I honestly don't care who Martinez fights, he deserves all he can get. Seems a great guy, what he did for that young girl in his last fight was special and testament to his character. I just hate the double standards when it comes to Pac and him. If anyone deserves to pick and chose his fights without getting hated on at the end of his career it's Pac with all the HoFs he's beaten, fighting through like 9-10 division. How can anyone question that?
      Honestly, Manny does deserve to see how far he can build his career/franchise. All the big three fighters right now deserve that. I just hope they all get down to business before it's too late.

Comment

Thank you for confirming that you're making shit up. Martinez clearly says Pirog is a step backwards. The only thing he implies is that he's not enough reward. Nothing about too much risk. If anything, he's not enough reward because he's too little risk.

Dzinziruk on the other hand was too little reward for too much risk, but it was forced on him by HBO. Not particularly risky in that Dzinziruk would beat him, although it was way more of a possibility than Pirog beating him. Risky that it would be a technical and ugly fight that would suck up all the momentum out of Martinez previous exciting fights. Dzinziruk has a rep that isn't recognized in America and has definitely proven himself. After showcasing one of his most impressive performances after all the expectations of it being a boring fight, it did definitely make it a great win. Seeing how Ring moved him to #3 from #4, you're 100% wrong that it didn't help him come closer to p4p. No way beating an unproven prospect would have put him back to #3.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 03-17-2011, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danny711 View Post
          Sergtards???? There has to be a better name.

Dude, it's Sergiosexuals

Comment

I'm not a fan of Sergio Martinez per se but I'd be fine with a Manfredo bout on regular HBO. Would I be excited? Not really, although I think Manfredo would give him problems. However, after facing Pavlik, two doses of P-Dub and Dzinziruk, he is certainly entitled to a lesser caliber opponent. Not like he's fleecing the public by putting it on PPV. Martinez has already proven his mettle--that November PPV date will no doubt be against another top fighter. I'm not too concerned about him taking a step-down fight prior too.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Thank you for confirming that you're making shit up. Martinez clearly says Pirog is a step backwards. The only thing he implies is that he's not enough reward. Nothing about too much risk. If anything, he's not enough reward because he's too little risk.

Dzinziruk on the other hand was too little reward for too much risk, but it was forced on him by HBO. Not particularly risky in that Dzinziruk would beat him, although it was way more of a possibility than Pirog beating him. Risky that it would be a technical and ugly fight that would suck up all the momentum out of Martinez previous exciting fights. Dzinziruk has a rep that isn't recognized in America and is definitely proven himself. After making it his most impressive fight after all the expectations of it being a boring fight, it did definitely make it a great win. Seeing how Ring moved him to #3 from #4, you're 100% wrong that it didn't help him come closer to p4p. No way beating an unproven prospect would have put him back to #3.
              no matter how you spin it, Pirog is a more credible opponent than Dzinziruk. Even the rankings say that (the Ring) - Dzinziruk #8 at 154, Pirog #7 at 160.

he didn't want the Dzinziruk fight too, you're right on that one, it was forced on him. like he said they are not the opponents he's looking at.

and true he did move back up. I don't know why they did that, probably to rectify the mistake of moving Donaire past him, which was ridiculous and could only have been done being caught up in the hype over Donaire's KO.

Comment

Lets not forget he was moved to #2 on the ESPN list as well.

I'm not denying Pirog is good fighter, but it would not help Martinez in the slightest. Pirog needs at least another good win before it becomes worthwhile for Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
                  no matter how you spin it, Pirog is a more credible opponent than Dzinziruk. Even the rankings say that (the Ring) - Dzinziruk #8 at 154, Pirog #7 at 160.

he didn't want the Dzinziruk fight too, you're right on that one, it was forced on him. like he said they are not the opponents he's looking at.

and true he did move back up. I don't know why they did that, probably to rectify the mistake of moving Donaire past him, which was ridiculous and could only have been done being caught up in the hype over Donaire's KO.
                  The Ring's 154lb rankings are highly debatable.

Comment

It is always funny how excellent fighters magically turn into bitches seemingly overnight~

Comment

First of all Drizruizk wasn't "forced" on him. His mandatory was Zbik. But HBO didn't want that fight. He still could've defended his title like a true champion. He wasn't forced to do **** and he took the easy way out. He decided to make a 154 jump up a full weight class to fight him. He knew damn well Drizuizk at 160 couldn't hurt him. And he was outboxed in round 6 and 7 when Drizuirzk figured him out.

If Martinez would've fought Drizuirzk at 154 he would get his ass handed to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X