Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it that people believe...........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
    but i had to give up because its just too dangerous
    amatuer boxing is actually one of the safer sports out there. It's not too dangerous in anyway it's just harder than most sports. If you just can't stand the heat in the kitchen there is no reason to be yelling fire and calling amatuer boxing dangerous. It's definately a tough sport though..........Rockin'

Comment

Boxing is crazy for the amount of sacrifice.

I mean, I'm basically on a junk food free diet, training 5 times a week. Go out with friends and while they are all tucking into Chips and Alcohol/Cola I'm stuck with a sandwich and a pint of milk. I enjoy it though, as it makes me healthy and have some pride.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus Sully View Post
        id say boxing is aerobic, lactic while wrestling is anerobic, lactic.

the below studies show that lactic threshold is a very important part to boxing.

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...7ekjEWkkTTgpeg

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8543363

http://www.members.shaw.ca/sylvio.fe...Physiology.pdf

though the real reason for a diffrence is that the boxer trains for boxing while the wrestler trains for wrestling.
        the lactic threshold is the point where you start using more lactic than you can get rid of (well its not lactic but thats the easiest abstractation of it). increasing your lactic threshold just means you have a better aerobic system. the lactic system is definatly used, but it contributes less than the other two and isnt usually exhausted by the end of a match so its less important (but still worth training).

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
          amatuer boxing is actually one of the safer sports out there. It's not too dangerous in anyway it's just harder than most sports. If you just can't stand the heat in the kitchen there is no reason to be yelling fire and calling amatuer boxing dangerous. It's definately a tough sport though..........Rockin'
          i gave up wrestling and am going to do just stand up from now on actually. i loved grappling, but i love fighting in general more, and i knew if i carried on grappling i would be a wreak in a few years.

i know how hard boxing is, i really miss the feeling that im going to explode through my ear drums after a good workout, and i wasnt the most dedicated boxer there by far. now im getting back to it with more energy and enthusiasm. i havnt gone out for ages. infact, the biggest impact on my training (apart from my shoulder injury) is the fact i cant sleep because my roommates like to party most nights.

just out of intertest, anyone know how to sleep through dubstep? and rockin', forgive my ignorance but who are you? you sound like you know your stuff

Comment

Originally posted by josh-hill View Post
            i gave up wrestling and am going to do just stand up from now on actually. i loved grappling, but i love fighting in general more, and i knew if i carried on grappling i would be a wreak in a few years.

i know how hard boxing is, i really miss the feeling that im going to explode through my ear drums after a good workout, and i wasnt the most dedicated boxer there by far. now im getting back to it with more energy and enthusiasm. i havnt gone out for ages. infact, the biggest impact on my training (apart from my shoulder injury) is the fact i cant sleep because my roommates like to party most nights.

just out of intertest, anyone know how to sleep through dubstep? and rockin', forgive my ignorance but who are you? you sound like you know your stuff
            I'm nobody really, just know that I speak from hard earned experience........Rockin'

Comment

Hey Rockin, I can totally understand how people underestimate boxing. I may not be an expert on this sport yet, but even I can see that people see boxing as the weakest combat sport ever. People talking about "Boxers are weak to kicks" and ****, well all I can say is boxers can fight a hell lot better than an average man. "Kick them in the groin and they'll be done." pffft. It's really a shame that the world is influenced by MMA nowdays,they might be buff and huge as hell but the beauty of fighting doesn't exist in the cage, it exists in the square. I'm not dissing MMA I have respect for both sports; but I'm just saying. Just hate it when people who have no martial arts experience act like they can fight just just because they lift weights.

Rockin, I have a huge respect for you as not only a trainer who gives out pointers to beginners, but as a human being too. You remind me of Tatsuyoshi Joichiro(if you know who he is). I have a question, if anyone was to diss boxing, how will you react to it? I can't stand watching people act all tough when they can't even fight. I just can't.

Comment

I love boxing. I spar and train. And watch all the fights. Love BHOP. Though I am a wrestler and train in MMA gym. Boxing is much tougher than people think. Much more skill than people think. But people even more ignorant of wrestlers. Wrestling has most training and skill. World's oldest sport. Physical chess. I'd say.

1. Wrestling.
                2. Boxing.
                3. MMA.

Wrestling you have to swing (move) whole body. Work just to hold position. Boxing you do not have to engage 100% of time like wrestling. Some boxers do. But hardly for all rounds. Boxing is like brisk jog 36min, while wrestling is full sprint for 6 min. Keep in mind wrestlers to win tournament have to wrestle 5-6 matches with every opponent different style and technique to overcome.

Comment

Originally posted by chessplayer163 View Post
                  I love boxing. I spar and train. And watch all the fights. Love BHOP. Though I am a wrestler and train in MMA gym. Boxing is much tougher than people think. Much more skill than people think. But people even more ignorant of wrestlers. Wrestling has most training and skill. World's oldest sport. Physical chess. I'd say.

1. Wrestling.
                  2. Boxing.
                  3. MMA.

Wrestling you have to swing (move) whole body. Work just to hold position. Boxing you do not have to engage 100% of time like wrestling. Some boxers do. But hardly for all rounds. Boxing is like brisk jog 36min, while wrestling is full sprint for 6 min. Keep in mind wrestlers to win tournament have to wrestle 5-6 matches with every opponent different style and technique to overcome.

A lot of people say Boxing is tougher than wrestling simply because while your wrestling, the other guy isn't punching you in the face. But physically, wrestling is monstrous - it is an art just like the squared circle. You have too know what your doing or your going to get obliterated. Excellent post!

Comment

Originally posted by chessplayer163 View Post

1. Wrestling.
                    2. Boxing.
                    3. MMA.

Wrestling is like a full sprint and boxing is like a brisk jog? Funny thing, I've never had my nose and ribs broken, new cuts put on my face with an eye swelled shut after taking a brisk jog.

And if you think that wrestling is harder than boxing that would just go to show that you have never been in a fight for your life in the ring where the guy just won't get out of your face.

For as long as I can remember I have held wrestling and boxing on even plains as far as endurance is concerned. They are both grueling. But don't come in here dropping a **** on my sport because you are ignorant and inexperienced in the square circle. But I've sparred you'll say. You don't know ****!............Rockin'

Comment

Let me tell you first hand that boxing is by far the hardest sport that is out there.
                      You obviously have never tried Muay Thai, it's more than just receiving punches from a 10oz gloves, add shin kicks, knees and elbows to the face.

I've never had my nose and ribs broken, new cuts put on my face with an eye swelled shut after taking a brisk jog.

And if you think that wrestling is harder than boxing that would just go to show that you have never been in a fight for your life in the ring where the guy just won't get out of your face.
                      You may not receive punches in wrestling, but the body receives more pounding in wrestling from getting slammed. And, yes, there are wrestlers who won't get out of your face either.

You don't think wrestlers suffer from broken bones, lmao

Comment

Working...
                      X