• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, that's defeatin the purpose.

Comment

WTF...what kind of question is this

Comment

Originally posted by IcedBlood View Post
        I don't mean diet as in eat less calories, i mean sort out your diet and stop eating junk food. Replace with healthy foods and you'll notice better gains no matter what your target is. If you switch from eating junk to eating 3 healthy meals per day and snacking on peanuts or fruit you can lose weight without having to train, depending on how bad your diet was in the first place. I don't mean eat salad 3 times a day I mean proper meals. At breakfast have porridge with mixed nuts and raisans, for your lunch have a jacket potato with tuna in it and for dinner have chicken, fish etc with pasta or potatoes.

If your training for muscle gain you'll notice BIG gains if you sot out your diet, you'll move up in the weights much faster and you'll get alot less fatigued and notice your stamina increasing. Sure if you continue to eat crap you'll still make gains but they'll be slow as hell and you'll definitely not be able to last as long in the gym.

For me, my diet is just as important as my training. No point in 1 without the other.
        Of course you should have your 3 square meals im just saying you can still have alittle extra butter or salt on corn or mayo in your tuna or cimmon sugar on your bagle, twinkies before bed, half a microwave pizza between b-fast and lunch, 2 marie calendars chiken pot pies instead of just 1 serving for a snack, butter and gravy on your mashed potatoes ect. and train hard enough to burn it all off.

If you really like eating like that and you find that you dont really go anywhere on the scales your happy wiht how you look and you keep improving then why would you want to change anything. i mean food is a big part of my life with out it id just be dead im not going to give up enjoying it so i can be more chiseled, and to assume that i would be able to improve faster or recover more quickly because im not eating extra fuel would be a huge misnomer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ylem View Post
          i mean food is a big part of my life with out it id just be dead im not going to give up enjoying it so i can be more chiseled
          Food is a big part of my life but 90% CLEAN healthy food.

I DO want the chiseled look so eating the right way is a no brainer.

Its how you look at it.To me these days food is fuel for the body.

I read a great line from zig ziglar."you wouldn't feed a million dollar race horse burgars & chips & soda"

or something like that.

Message was you only get one body so treat it right.

Comment

thats good and all but

Is it worth training on a bad diet?

worth what? all i make out of this is hey im sitting on my ass eating lots of crap should i keep doing that of should i get up and train? of course you should get up and train. even if your going to keep eating crap atleast your doing something

"you wouldn't feed a million dollar race horse burgars & chips & soda"
            you know how much horses eat, of course you wouldnt feed them that youd be broke after the first week, hay is much more economical.
            Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 09-25-2009, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Yeh it's beter for you to get up and train that sit on your ass and stuff your face, but realistically if you want to go far in any sport you need to hav a decent diet. If this guys saying "I eat **** should I maybe exercise a bit to balance it" then yeh I agree go out and train. But if he's saying "I eat **** and I want to box" if your not willing to make sacrafices then why bother taking up the sport?

Comment

Originally posted by IcedBlood View Post
                Yeh it's beter for you to get up and train that sit on your ass and stuff your face, but realistically if you want to go far in any sport you need to hav a decent diet. If this guys saying "I eat **** should I maybe exercise a bit to balance it" then yeh I agree go out and train. But if he's saying "I eat **** and I want to box" if your not willing to make sacrafices then why bother taking up the sport?
                Logically that makes complete sense but im still haning on to the hope that if i can maintain my 6000 calorie diet and acquire a 8 or 10 pack while im at it i might just go super sayian.

Comment

im a all or nothing type of guy myself. when i commit im like marvin hagler, then i might hurt a hand, take a week of from boxing and turn into sam peter.

Comment

I'm assuming it is better than following a bad diet and NOT training.

Comment

Originally posted by shyboirank#1 View Post
                      WTF...what kind of question is this
                      If someone is eating rubbish food,should they continue training or it's a waste of time.Assume you have been training all your life but now you are eating junk food and you cant really change the food for maybe a couple of months or weeks to come.Should you continue training or training is a waste of time in that situation?

Comment

Working...
                      X