No announcement yet.

Robert McCracken

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert McCracken

I need to do some research on Robert McCracken for someone. I know about his own professional career and that he's Carl Froch's trainer.

But does anyone know who else he's trained and anything else about his boxing backgroundf?

Originally posted by beecherhq View Post
    I need to do some research on Robert McCracken for someone. I know about his own professional career and that he's Carl Froch's trainer.

But does anyone know who else he's trained and anything else about his boxing backgroundf?
    McCracken went as far as European LM champ, & at one time had a tremendous unbeaten run.. Over 30 fights, I think.. He was eventually derailed by Howard Eastman at Middle, who he went on to train.. Not sure if this is still the case, or whether Eastman is still active.. It's fair to say that McCracken spent a few years as a top European class fighter.. He had a massive local following, from his home city of Birmingham UK, who would often 'kick off' at some of his fights.. McCracken himself, has always been a gentleman, & by all accounts, is now doing well as a trainer, but I'd imagine someone like Froch does his own kind of training lol..

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      McCracken went as far as European LM champ, & at one time had a tremendous unbeaten run.. Over 30 fights, I think.. He was eventually derailed by Howard Eastman at Middle, who he went on to train.. Not sure if this is still the case, or whether Eastman is still active.. It's fair to say that McCracken spent a few years as a top European class fighter.. He had a massive local following, from his home city of Birmingham UK, who would often 'kick off' at some of his fights.. McCracken himself, has always been a gentleman, & by all accounts, is now doing well as a trainer, but I'd imagine someone like Froch does his own kind of training lol..
      Thanks. Sounds like he is doing well as a trainer and coach under Hennessey sports. Mick Hennessey is looking at signing an amateur who is sponsored by someone i know so i guess McCracken is part of the deal to maybe train him. Just read him and Richie Woodhall are trainers for the next Team GB at the 2012 Olympics.

Comment

I'd go as far to say he's the best British coach out there now.

Comment

Originally posted by beecherhq View Post
          Thanks. Sounds like he is doing well as a trainer and coach under Hennessey sports. Mick Hennessey is looking at signing an amateur who is sponsored by someone i know so i guess McCracken is part of the deal to maybe train him. Just read him and Richie Woodhall are trainers for the next Team GB at the 2012 Olympics.
          Ritchie's an excellent inclusion.. They should do well under these 2

Providing nobody gets pissed off with the Brummie accents, lol

Comment

I know his brothers are a bunch of fukin thugs no lie!!!
            They try and live off his name and drink in the boozers around Brum giving it the large one.
            They jumped someone close to me once and paid for it in the hare and hounds

But nothing about Robert he seems ok....

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
              I know his brothers are a bunch of fukin thugs no lie!!!
              They try and live off his name and drink in the boozers around Brum giving it the large one.
              They jumped someone close to me once and paid for it in the hare and hounds

But nothing about Robert he seems ok....
              That's a bit of a pisser. Maybe he had to turn to boxing because his brothers were such ****s.

I like Rob McCracken though, he cracked me up in the Taylor fight: 'Do me a favour, don't throw that silly hook again.'

Froch threw it again and got nailed again in the next round.

'You see, what happened there don't you. You done it again didn't you.'

It reminds of the time my girlfriend continues to moan at me about doing the washing-up, and saying 'I keep telling you, but you never learn.'

classic ****.

There was another instance when Froch got nailed again, and McCracken was silent like a disappointed parent, and Froch actually started speaking first.

McCracken was another great thing about a great fight, if I was a fighter, I'd want him as my trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
                That's a bit of a pisser. Maybe he had to turn to boxing because his brothers were such ****s.

I like Rob McCracken though, he cracked me up in the Taylor fight: 'Do me a favour, don't throw that silly hook again.'

Froch threw it again and got nailed again in the next round.

'You see, what happened there don't you. You done it again didn't you.'

It reminds of the time my girlfriend continues to moan at me about doing the washing-up, and saying 'I keep telling you, but you never learn.'

classic ****.

There was another instance when Froch got nailed again, and McCracken was silent like a disappointed parent, and Froch actually started speaking first.

McCracken was another great thing about a great fight, if I was a fighter, I'd want him as my trainer.
                lol

Yeh his a Decent trainer he is...
                But let me tell you his brothers are different kettle of fish mate
                pure badness runs through there veins big bullys but there connected and do have a little army going themselves....

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
                  lol

Yeh his a Decent trainer he is...
                  But let me tell you his brothers are different kettle of fish mate
                  pure badness runs through there veins big bullys but there connected and do have a little army going themselves....
                  Is that right ....i had heard the brother has been in trouble with cops an all?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrpedigree View Post
                    Is that right ....i had heard the brother has been in trouble with cops an all?
                    Ladz take it how you want but its the gospel
                    His lot are a bad bunch...Remember when Robert use to fight himself
                    there was always bare riots in the crowd if he lost or not
                    Thats his brothers lot they would always come over in groups just looking for the row if im honest fuk all to do with Boxing they treated it like football..

But that was over 10 years ago a lots changed he could be a monk now for all i know..

But take nothing away from robert....

Comment

Working...
                    X