Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 FOTY? Lopez vs Ortiz or Rios vs Alvarado?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 FOTY? Lopez vs Ortiz or Rios vs Alvarado?

Id have to go with Lopez vs Ortiz. In Rios vs Alvarado we knew what to expect. But Lopez vs Ortiz was just epic. Josesito came in with 1 months notice, from a lower weight class as a huge underdog. Josesito was supposed to be a push over for a big Ortiz vs Canelo PPV. Everything about that fight, that night was epic. To see the Staples Center crowd in Los Angeles go from chanting "Ortiz" to "Lopez", Ortiz fighting dirty with an intentional hit to the back of Lopez' head and multiple rabbit punches to the back of the head also throughout the fight. Josesito never backing down from Ortiz, and after Ortiz would finish some good combo's he'd signal at Ortiz with his gloves to "bring it". The fact that Ortiz was fighting with a cracked jaw from the 5th round, and was still trying to win the fight, also deserves much credit. And to see Ortiz, call the ref over and tell him that he can't continue was unbelievable. Knowing damn well that that was the last thing Ortiz would have wanted to do, but physically he was forced to. This fight had it all. Definately the FOTY in my opinion.

Lopez vs Ortiz isn't even top 3

Comment

alvarado rios and its not even close

then maidana last fight
      but seriously rios alvarado not even close

Comment

Lopez VS Salido

Comment

There isn't a single fight this year that compares to Rios-Alvarado.

Comment

JuanMa Salido II is still The FOTY for me

Comment

Lopez-Ortiz was just a great upset, nope a FOTY type fight

Comment

1.Rios vs Alvarado
                2.Katsidis vs Mensah
                3.Juanma vs Salido

Comment

I think some of you guys are being drawn in by the amazing hype that Rios vs Alvarado was getting from all the media. It was a good fight but damn...the hype is just way too much. You want to see the fight of the year? Take of the hype glasses and watch Salido vs Lopez 2, last nights fight isnt even close. Like I said, Rios vs Alvarado was a good fight, but honestly it really wasnt that great. There have been many other fights this year on the same level if not better, but one thing I really noticed is that the hype glasses were put on all boxing fans starting with the first article announcing this fight. Kamegai vs Silva from last weekend was a fight that is just as good.

Comment

Rios vs Alvarado is a classic.

Comment

Working...
                    X