No announcement yet.

Who's next for Geale?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's next for Geale?

With Martinez seeming to look for a rematch with Jr or Cotto. Where do you think Geale will end up?

Doubt GGG will get a shot.
    Hassan N'Dam N'Jikam has WBO but no idea never seen him.

Think he would fight Sam,Garth or God help it Mundine?

I have no idea what he could/would do atm.

N'Jikam fights Peter ''Kid Chocolate'' Quillin next.

I think you maybe right with Garth Wood or a Mundine rematch. Golovkin is a surefire way to kiss goodbye to his belts.

Comment

After he beat Sturm, word was that he had to face GG or lose the WBA belt, and he also had to face Soliman or lose the IBF belt.

I think Geale would accept being stripped if it meant a big payday against Martinez, Chavez, Canelo, or someone else who could offer him a huge fight. But I don't think he'll be able to get them in the ring, and so it will probably come down to if HBO want to put money behind a fight between him and Golovkin. If they don't then I'd expect him to face Soliman.

Comment

Pirog is another name but yes it seems like he will lose one of his titles no matter what he does.

Comment

I like Gaele, he's a solid little boxer. Decent speed, and decent pop, good work rate, and all the intangibles.

However, I think he's peaked at the MW division. I don't see him being able to beat Martinez, or Golovkin. Since Golovkin is obviously the lower reward fight, I would avoid that fight at all costs (which I expect him to do, unless HBO offers him a seven figure payday, which I doubt).

I'd try and get the Martinez fight next. For his first fight back. With him coming off some crucial knee surgery, he might, MIGHT be able to beat him. I mean, Sergio's style is all about his legs. If his knees are shot, he's like a prized racehorse - gotta put him down. . . But even in the most likely scenario of Martinez beating him, he'd have nothing to lose, and get paid a lot better, and get more recognition than fighting Golovkin.

Since Martinez can't return until May (that's the tentative date being thrown around now by Lewkowitz), I'd just take a tuneup/stay busy type fight against a top 15-10 type guy in December-January. Perhaps a Darren Barker, Macklin, Andy Lee, Craig McEwan, etc. ALl of these he should win, but get some good work in.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            N'Jikam fights Peter ''Kid Chocolate'' Quillin next.

I think you maybe right with Garth Wood or a Mundine rematch. Golovkin is a surefire way to kiss goodbye to his belts.
            Agree.

I like the Mundine rematch (until Martinez becomes available). He can't sit on the shelf for 9-10 months waiting for a certain return date for Martinez. Why not? I'd love to see him beat Mundine's ass proper this time. God willing, he'll catch him like Sven Ottke did, and put him to sleep for 5 minutes.

Comment

Working...
            X