No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Peterson: We Were Right To Wait On Khan Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Peterson: We Were Right To Wait On Khan Fight

It was never a fight they didn’t want, just one where Lamont Peterson’s handlers demanded greater incentive in order to accept.

[Click Here To Read More]

It actually looks like a real good move by team Peterson turning down the fight the first time. I'm pretty sure he got just a bit more money and he gets to fight in his hometown. Should be a good fight, can't wait.

Comment

Of course you did,the first offer was crap...

Comment

Shame you didn't get the 50/50 plus a cut of the UK PPV's Bradley was offered.

You wouldn't have turned that down unlike Bradley.

Comment

Shame you didn't get the 50/50 plus a cut of the UK PPV's Bradley was offered.

You wouldn't have turned that down unlike Bradley.

Comment

i wonder exactly what happened that enabled them to pull that off. I find it surprising that Khan's team agreed to come to DC to fight, especially when they originally wanted to fight him in England.

Comment

The gamble paid off for Peterson and his team looks to have made a wise move, but without a victory on the 10th, its mean very little. Its a pickem fight and as long as Lamont stays off the canvas and on his feet, he is very capable of getting the upset. An interesting fight where you have Khan throwing punches in bunches with the gameplan of getting off first which would benefit the counterpunching Peterson. But will Lamont get dropped again early and have to work from behind? Khan will start fast and Peterson doesnt get going till after he takes a couple of good shots, so lets see who finishes stronger and hopefully the judges will call a fair fight because its going the distance

Comment

the only reason its in dc is cos khan wanted it there,+ the reason peterson gets more is cos as well as being the mandatory, HBO can show it at a decent time live so they would pay more this time

Comment

Originally posted by rocktx View Post
                  i wonder exactly what happened that enabled them to pull that off. I find it surprising that Khan's team agreed to come to DC to fight, especially when they originally wanted to fight him in England.
                  Khan is not a draw in the states,so he has to go where his opponents are known...Khan vs Paulie M,where did that fight take place??NY because Paulie was from there..Khan vs Judah,where is Judah from??Vegas..Khan vs Maidana,who was on the undercard??Ortiz who had more fans in the building then Khan and Maidana...Even when Khan fought Mcflurry it did not seem like he was the favorite..I'm not from the UK so I don't know about areas out there..But from the the sound on the T.V.it seemed like Mcflurry had the crowd not Khan..Khan is not the draw he and his fans thinks he is,so nah it's not that surprising that this fight is in D.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    It actually looks like a real good move by team Peterson turning down the fight the first time. I'm pretty sure he got just a bit more money and he gets to fight in his hometown. Should be a good fight, can't wait.
                    yup a mistake that worked out for them cause bradley suck a p ussy

Comment

Working...
                    X