No announcement yet.

Worst story in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst story in boxing?

In terms of their up-bringing and post boxing life?

Obviously there are a heap of contenders, which is one of the things that makes the sport unique, but I've been watching a **** load of Saad-Muhammed fights and his story is terrible. Maybe I'm a touch soft, but I thought his brother leaving him on a park bench was horrible.

Who are you picking?

Definitely Carlos Monzon.

Going to jail for beating your wife consistetly then throwing her off a balcony. Then while visiting someone for a weekend dieing in a car crash. (He deserved it I might add.)

Comment

wow, there's so many, honestly......i wouldn't want to favor anyone's life story/struggle more than another but two that come to mind would be rocky lockridge and george chuvalo.
      rocky lockridge lost 2 MDs to 2 ATG's in wilfredo gomez and julio chavez. he KO'ed roger mayweather in the 1st round i think. but anyways, after retiring his drug problem got out of hand and dude ended up being homeless...he was in a show called intervention.
      chuvalo's story is crazy cause he lost 3 kids and a wife, a kid and his wife by suicide and the other two by overdose. there's a documentary called still standing, watch it if you have time.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        wow, there's so many, honestly......i wouldn't want to favor anyone's life story/struggle more than another but two that come to mind would be rocky lockridge and george chuvalo.
        rocky lockridge lost 2 MDs to 2 ATG's in wilfredo gomez and julio chavez. he KO'ed roger mayweather in the 1st round i think. but anyways, after retiring his drug problem got out of hand and dude ended up being homeless...he was in a show called intervention.
        chuvalo's story is crazy cause he lost 3 kids and a wife, a kid and his wife by suicide and the other two by overdose. there's a documentary called still standing, watch it if you have time.
        Gotta have a huge lot of respect for Chuvalo for not cracking and going nuts.

Comment

The Peterson bros had it pretty bad if i remember

Comment

The two which always get to me are Charles and Benitez.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
              The Lockridge story is sad, but its of his own making. Hopefully since that show he has pulled himself up some.

The Chuvalo story is simply heartbreaking. The man is a rock to have not only have dealt with it, but to have helped and inspired so many others.

Comment

For post boxing life, mine has to be Billy Collins Jr. ****in Resto and Panama Lewis need to be hanged for what they did. Plus Ali do make me feel pity for him but wished he had respected Frazier. Others Gerald McClellan, Leavander Johnson and Wilfred Benítez.

Comment

Originally posted by cannonball_X View Post
                  For post boxing life, mine has to be Billy Collins Jr. ****in Resto and Panama Lewis need to be hanged for what they did. Plus Ali do make me feel pity for him but wished he had respected Frazier. Others Gerald McClellan, Leavander Johnson and Wilfred Benítez.
                  I was about to say Billy collins....

not to mention Panama Lewis probably messed around with Pryors drink inbetween rounds causing Arguello to take a massive beating...

he became a drug addicted after that and eventually committed suicide

other stories ..

1.Edwin Valero really promising fighter with a record of 27-0 27 KO's

Killed his wife ...If I remember correctly I think he shot her while she was pregnant, he then later committed suicide while in jail although some people think he was murdered.

2. Max Kellerman's brother killed by another boxer he was living with... he beat him to death with a hammer

also when it comes to Ali a lot of people like to think the best of him because of his incredible accomplishments but the guy was far from a saint.
                  He used to beat his wife infront of people for wearing her dress above her knees .

Comment

johnny tapia watching his own mom being kidnapped and while alerting his relatives about it was told to go back to bed... his mom was beaten up and was murdered in a hospital...

luisito espinosa's earning from the rios? fight from several years ago still has not been given to him, his wife left him and now the former featherweight champ is bussing tables for a living...
                    Last edited by talip bin osman; 06-02-2011, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X