No announcement yet.

Tommy Morrison

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tommy Morrison

Morrison had very good speed, great power and punched well in combination to go along with an average to decent defense. Had he been blessed with an all time great set of whiskers how far could he have gone and how much could he have accomplished?

If he had the chin, he would have gone alot further. But he was a partier and chased women and the that is not a successful trait. There is also the fact that his endurance was not very good. Morrison did have world class skills and heavy hands so if he found disipline(at the same place he got a chin) he actually might have held a title for awhile.

I used to love watching his fights. I always tuned in knowing there was going to be a knockout and lots of knockdowns. He rarely let me down whether he won or lost.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
      If he had the chin, he would have gone alot further. But he was a partier and chased women and the that is not a successful trait. There is also the fact that his endurance was not very good. Morrison did have world class skills and heavy hands so if he found disipline(at the same place he got a chin) he actually might have held a title for awhile.

I used to love watching his fights. I always tuned in knowing there was going to be a knockout and lots of knockdowns. He rarely let me down whether he won or lost.
      I think that his constant partying had a lot to do with his ****ty chin, actually. They often go hand in hand because he abused his body, it couldn't take the punishment in the ring. If he had had even a decent chin, he could have been really, really good.

Comment

A waste of talent. He had a left hook to level anybody and did have a set of solid skills. His chin was week and all the party and womanizing didn't help either.

The Ruddock/Morrison fight was one fun fight to watch

Comment

Never saw Morrsion as a serious fighter a good chin would have helped though. A brain transplant is what he really needed imo.

Comment

A hard puncher and nothing more. Morrison was awful.

Comment

A really good puncher whos lifestyle meant he didnt become more,all in all a decent fighter who was never in a dull fight

Comment

I never thought much of him, solid skills and all but he didn't have the intangibles to be great, he was also found guilty of juicing.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                  I never thought much of him, solid skills and all but he didn't have the intangibles to be great, he was also found guilty of juicing.
                  I never thought anything of him either. Juicer who never lived up to the hype and got his ass kicked and KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                    I think he got into that when he played Tommy Gunn in the Rocky movie. He did body building for that movie with Stallone. After the movie he looked alot different.

Comment

Working...
                    X