No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Forgoing The Luck of The Draw, For Good

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Forgoing The Luck of The Draw, For Good

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Every now and then, the tinkering mood just hits. I'm feeling bored, introspective, forward-thinking whatever, and I begin pondering ways in which I can make the things I truly enjoy even better. For a lot of guys, that probably means loading up the pickup truck and heading to the nearest Lowe's or Home Depot location. But to guys like me, who are far more capable with...
    [Click Here To Read More]

A cpl of good ideas here.
    Not sure about the 4th judge who I think could be swayed in a certain direction for the most money.
    13th round is a good idea if theirs not much time between the 12th-13th.
    Plus the media vote I think is decent but definitely can be biased opinions in their.

Comment

I’m tired of this take, a draw is a perfectly valid result that’s also much rarer than having a decisive call one way or another. The problem isn’t draws in general, it’s when we get a draw because of crap or corrupt judges. The problem is the judges, not draw results.

Comment

Five judges instead of three would be my solution: if five judges decide it should be a draw, it probably should be.

Comment

I would like to see cameras set up with as close to the same view as each judge has, and then, if a whacked out score occurs, someone* will be able to watch the fight from the perspective the whacked out judge, or judges, and see if it is feasibly possible to come up with the score the judge did. It could maybe place a bit more accountability on the judges to actually do the job to the best of their ability because, obviously public scorn alone isn't enough motivation for some judges and it could take away what i'd imagine is one of the bigger excuses given amongst judges and those who stick up for them, "I/they can only judge the fight that I/they see."

*Admittedly, hell if i know who the "someone" impartial enough to do the job as well as possible could be? Most fans certainly believe they could do it, but I don't know about that either...

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
            I’m tired of this take, a draw is a perfectly valid result that’s also much rarer than having a decisive call one way or another. The problem isn’t draws in general, it’s when we get a draw because of crap or corrupt judges. The problem is the judges, not draw results.
            100% agree with this. Can't put it any better than your words: a draw is a perfectly valid result.

A Champion losing his belt despite being undefeated doesn't make sense.

Comment

Terrible idea to strip the champion if its a draw. Simple fact is you walk in as champion and if the other guy isn't good enough to beat you 7 rounds to 5 than you deserve to walk out the champion.

Why would you make the champion the #1 contender after successfully starving off the challenger?

Comment

Draws are good. Most of the ATGs have draws It's the lack of fighting. twice a year is ****. A draw wouldn't be that big of a deal if we didn't have to wait years for a rematch.

A 13th round is stupid, leave the rounds alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
                  100% agree with this. Can't put it any better than your words: a draw is a perfectly valid result.

A Champion losing his belt despite being undefeated doesn't make sense.
                  A challenger who wins, but doesn't win "enough" doesn't make sense either, but that's a judging issue more than anything else. There are also problems with refs missing very clear fouls, not deducting points for hugfests, judges not being punished for turning in ridiculous scorecards, etc. The whole thing is sorta designed to let you get away with not following the rules, because the people who make the rules and govern the sport are taken to task the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
                    Draws are good. Most of the ATGs have draws It's the lack of fighting. twice a year is ****. A draw wouldn't be that big of a deal if we didn't have to wait years for a rematch.

A 13th round is stupid, leave the rounds alone.
                    In pretty much every other sport in the world "best of" competition is usually decided on an odd number, so seeing the 12th round go, or having another added doesn't seem too farfetched. The sport originally decided a winner with an odd number of rounds, so why not?

Comment

Working...
                    X