Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker's Trainer Expects Usyk To Perform Much Better in Next Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Parker's Trainer Expects Usyk To Perform Much Better in Next Time

Oleksandr Usyk made his long awaited heavyweight in October when he stopped Chazz Witherspoon in 7 rounds in Chicago, Illinois. The former undisputed cruiserweight champion looked a bit rusty in the early rounds before finding his groove in the middle rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

"As for Parker, his next opponent still hasn't been locked in. Even with only 6 weeks to go till fight night, Barry said that he is confident they will get a decent opponent."

Yeah. good luck with that!

Comment

It's true his performance was shyte and this is why the WBO's stupid rule book is a farce....Wilder should not be allowed to kill this little kid...fighting fury would completely make a mockery of the sport. Hearn should save this small skilful fighter for his Golden goose who's bubble burst against a little fat kid.Let the idiots fill Wembley for the farce and don't forget to buy your tickets from Stubhub for double the already inflated price ....

Comment

My car wasn't running good yesterday, but it will be faster tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
          It's true his performance was shyte and this is why the WBO's stupid rule book is a farce....Wilder should not be allowed to kill this little kid...fighting fury would completely make a mockery of the sport. Hearn should save this small skilful fighter for his Golden goose who's bubble burst against a little fat kid.Let the idiots fill Wembley for the farce and don't forget to buy your tickets from Stubhub for double the already inflated price ....
          Why would it be a mockery? Haye moved up from CW & Fought 7'0 320lbs Valuev for the WBA title & won. I'm not sure I completely understand why you think it is a mockery of the sport. Chagaev & John Ruiz were both around 220lbs when they fought Valuev as well. Fury is not the biggest HW to fight & there have been plenty of fighters who give up massive height & reach advantages. It's not like Usyk is some dud. He was undisputed CW champion & he cleaned out the division beating all the top guys including Bellew before he moved up. Take the Witherspoon with a grain of salt because Usyk has serious skills & his ability to adapt on the fly can never be underestimated by anyone. Sure he is unproven at the weight but by no means is he out of his league in my opinion. He had nothing left to prove at CW. HW is where the money is at & that is what he is chasing. He could fall flat on his face but history has shown that top CWs have been able to have success & win championships in the HW division. Holyfield & Haye are 2 examples. Usyk's CW pedigree matches if not surpasses both Haye & Holyfield's tenure in that division. Usyk's level of competion at CW was unmatched even by the 2 I mentioned & he beat them all...
          Last edited by joe strong; 01-17-2020, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Usyk is a great fighter but let's be honest he's no Holyfield.... Holyfield wouldn't have been Holyfield without the roids he had going for him.

Comment

I think Usyk Beats Wilder. Wilder will wind up that right hand but Usyk will have hit him from Angles and punchees he cant see.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                I mean, It WOULD run better if you figured out what was wrong with it and fixed it.

Does not make your comment any less funny, by the way. Really laughed....

I hope Usyk and his team focus on another gate keeper type for his next fight. He really needs another full camp and easier match to become a legit HW. Holyfield did not move up to HW and fight Tyson or a top level guy for his first few bouts either.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
                  And with a tune-up this is certainly quite possible.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                    Lol. Are you bitter because Wilder is a ducker?
                    I believe Wilder beats Fury, and I give him about a 30% chance against AJ (which means I rate Wilder), but the fact remains, he is ducking and the WBC is assisting with that. Whyte will take that belt if Fury doesn't, assuming he doesn't fight Otto Wallin next.

Comment

Working...
                    X