• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soju View Post
    ^if you never get injured from sparring, maybe you spar like a bunny wabbit
    It was a joke?....

Comment

God I love pillow fights.

No. Yes. you're more likely to get hurt sparring depending on how large you and your partners are.

**** happens. Keep those elbows in and angle your shoulder.

If you come back after the injury people will respect you more.

Comment

Well im not sure which guy did it, as I felt fine throughout the whole sparring session, it was only about 15 minutes afterwards when I was hitting the bag the pain began, very sudden and very sharp, especially when throwing a left hook or even a jab.

Pretty sure it was this big guy though, about my height but just stacked to ****, must have been at least a light heavy, and Im skinny as hell at 64kg, ended up taking a fair few heavy body shots.

Its been a week and a bit now and things havent changed much, pain and inflammation still there, still making that clicking noise, going to the doc tommorow to finally get the xray results....

To be honest I just want to get back into training again as fast as I can, I feel kind of lost without regular training, like I dont know what to do with myself....just annoyed aswell because that sparring session was the first time back in the gym after 2 and a half weeks off due to a cold and also a sprained leg muscle, so straight in straight out again....frustrating stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Chip2006uk View Post
          Well im not sure which guy did it, as I felt fine throughout the whole sparring session, it was only about 15 minutes afterwards when I was hitting the bag the pain began, very sudden and very sharp, especially when throwing a left hook or even a jab.

Pretty sure it was this big guy though, about my height but just stacked to ****, must have been at least a light heavy, and Im skinny as hell at 64kg, ended up taking a fair few heavy body shots.

Its been a week and a bit now and things havent changed much, pain and inflammation still there, still making that clicking noise, going to the doc tommorow to finally get the xray results....

To be honest I just want to get back into training again as fast as I can, I feel kind of lost without regular training, like I dont know what to do with myself....just annoyed aswell because that sparring session was the first time back in the gym after 2 and a half weeks off due to a cold and also a sprained leg muscle, so straight in straight out again....frustrating stuff...
          Be careful about training if the ribs are broken in any way it can cause problems to your insides.

Plus you said it was an upper rib that is worse I think then a lower rib which was my injury. May take quite a bit longer to heal for you.

Comment

same thing happened to me man it sucks. i broke my ribs from sparring. u cant sneeze or cough cuz it hurts like a *****.

u shouldn't train cuz it'll just break again and then you'll have to start the whole healing process again. it'll feel like its never gettin better, but just chill out and it'll heal on its own.

Comment

what all you guys seem to think is a broken or fractured rib is probly just a dislocated rib and a chiropractor can usually take care of that in one session.

Comment

Working...
              X