What a game...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a game...

Got my copy this morning, and haven't stopped playing it

Gamboa is my pick of the bunch so far, fights just like in real life... really fun to use
    This was my first KO against Montiel
    You could really see the power difference, even my jabs were knocking him back onto the ropes

0:16 slipped passed the jab and bam.
    Last edited by TRAVI$; 06-25-2009, 07:28 AM.

You need to work on your defense, I'd have KYTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by |-|urricane View Post
      You need to work on your defense, I'd have KYTFO.
      WTF were you doing after he already fell?

Looks like you tried to uppercut a ghost.

Comment

Some would say I'm overly aggresive
        I wanted him to be dead.

Comment

holy **** the boxers move so real in this game. cant wait to get it 2morro

Comment

i finally got my shipping confirmation today

this **** will be in my hands, early next week

probably tuesday

Comment

I agree, this game is the ****!! And the CPU AI is actually pretty challenging. My first fight I picked Mike Tyson vs Ali. The CPU actually made Ali fight from the outside and it was challenging to get Tyson with his short arms inside. It was a war! The CPU will punish you for stupid mistakes. I went in thinking I could just go crazy cuz I'm Tyson and score a KO, nope. I ended up getting KO'd around the 9th round or so, my stamina was so low from all my wild punching. I got stunned so many times. I did manage to knock ali down once or twice. Very entertaining.

On Career mode I even lost my first fight to some bum! lol, that was embarrassing, same strategy as before just thought I could go nuts and KO cpu. After that I won 8 in a row so I'm 8-1 and online I'm undefeated. The guys who nonstop jab/straight punch are so easy to beat if you know how to bob & weave.

And you're right, Gamboa is so fast. He was my second fight and you could immediately see/feel the huge difference in speed from fighting Heavyweights to using Gamboa. I fought Billy Dib and beat the **** out of him in 2 rounds, lol.

Tommy Hearns is a savage on the game too. Oh, and I whooped a couple people's asses with Whitaker online. Again, all they did was try to throw the non-stop straight, whitaker's good defense slips those punches, counter hook, and that's all it takes.
              Last edited by ИATAS; 06-25-2009, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                I agree, this game is the ****!! And the CPU AI is actually pretty challenging. My first fight I picked Mike Tyson vs Ali. The CPU actually made Ali fight from the outside and it was challenging to get Tyson with his short arms inside. It was a war! The CPU will punish you for stupid mistakes. I went in thinking I could just go crazy cuz I'm Tyson and score a KO, nope. I ended up getting KO'd around the 9th round or so, my stamina was so low from all my wild punching. I got stunned so many times. I did manage to knock ali down once or twice. Very entertaining.

On Career mode I even lost my first fight to some bum! lol, that was embarrassing, same strategy as before just thought I could go nuts and KO cpu. After that I won 8 in a row so I'm 8-1 and online I'm undefeated. The guys who nonstop jab/straight punch are so easy to beat if you know how to bob & weave.

And you're right, Gamboa is so fast. He was my second fight and you could immediately see/feel the huge difference in speed from fighting Heavyweights to using Gamboa. I fought Billy Dib and beat the **** out of him in 2 rounds, lol.

Tommy Hearns is a savage on the game too. Oh, and I whooped a couple people's asses with Whitaker online. Again, all they did was try to throw the non-stop straight, whitaker's good defense slips those punches, counter hook, and that's all it takes.
                Legacy mode is nuts bro. The days of going undefeated are over. Also since you have a garbage chin in the begining stages you can not afford to get hit clean.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  Legacy mode is nuts bro. The days of going undefeated are over. Also since you have a garbage chin in the begining stages you can not afford to get hit clean.
                  Yep, I've gotten stunned so many times it's not funny. The CPU really knows how to punish you for being an idiot. Not only that the training is hard (at least it is at first). And the great thing about this is this isn't even on the hardest setting, so when I master the game I know there are still more challenges a head.

And that's exactly what I wanted from this game - challenging career mode. It got so boring in FN3, winning every fight by KO, doing the same stupid training and repeat. Much more depth on FN4

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                    Yep, I've gotten stunned so many times it's not funny. The CPU really knows how to punish you for being an idiot. Not only that the training is hard (at least it is at first). And the great thing about this is this isn't even on the hardest setting, so when I master the game I know there are still more challenges a head.

And that's exactly what I wanted from this game - challenging career mode. It got so boring in FN3, winning every fight by KO, doing the same stupid training and repeat. Much more depth on FN4
                    You one more question I kind of jumped into the legacy mode a bit, can you choose who the champs of your division is before you start?

Comment

Working...
                    X