No announcement yet.

low-income housing and Section 8 housing fraud

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fury View Post
    I hate these fake stories in the media of people/couples boasting about how much money they make from collecting benefits. Everyday in the paper is a new story about how these people on benefits can afford 50 inch TVs and holidays. It's complete bullshi* but everyone falls for it and gets really angry.
    Unfortunately it is true I have seen people who are living off of benefits live way above their means way before it was as reported through the news as it is now.

Comment

i know that people abuse the system here in Canada but it doesn't seem nearly as rampant as it is in the states.

Population perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
        I have quite a few cases of these 3rd generation welfare users. They teach their children and friends all the tricks!

You can have a lax law and thus risking leechers getting benefits or you can have a strict law and thus risking people who actually needs this to survive, can't make a living.

Choose your poison.
        This is the case in almost all cases of people i know living in section 8 housing.

The system is taken advantage way too much

Comment

Originally posted by HUGH JASS View Post
          dont hate the player,hate the system!
          I'm talking about the system clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
            I hate these fake stories in the media of people/couples boasting about how much money they make from collecting benefits. Everyday in the paper is a new story about how these people on benefits can afford 50 inch TVs and holidays. It's complete bullshi* but everyone falls for it and gets really angry.
            ya ya no it's not. Haven t spent much time in the projects have you? They are NOT all inner city slums. Far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
              This, I know it first hand.

Even if you abuse the fuck out of the system you're still living in the poverty level. They do this so people can get there minds off the big man stealing there big bucks.
              Nah like I said many single guys that work every single day rent the same exact places that the welfare peeps are getting for free. Same buildings everything. A lot of times the welfare places are higher quality then the peoples whos paying there own money. I know many scammers who are afraid to work because they don't want to chance losing their benefits.

Banks cops and all that other fraud are a separate issue

Maybe they are living at the poverty level but so are the single guys with full time jobs renting the same places

Comment

Originally posted by A.K.A View Post
                Its the poor people, they're hogging all the money.
                Naw it's druggie bum men who claim they're disabled cuz they are so afraid of work and loser women who have babies purposely to get free places to stay in this case. All that other stuff is a separate issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  I rent a two family house and the tenant in the first floor has section 8 I get $1000 from section 8 and she dishes out $200 out of her pocket, I personally don't care about her personal life as long as the rent gets paid, section eight goes every six months to inspect the home if they ok with how she's living why should I care about anything else

its a three bedroom apartment with basement I could easily get $1400 or more but I do have a heart and as long as my mortgage gets paid and I make some profit i'm ok.
                  Not saying you should care you're the landlord but the blue collar working guy who wants that place can barley afford it. I mean what does this lady have 4 kids or something?

And you have no reason to ever lower the rent to make it more affordable for people who actually work since the government is footing the bill. That's all I'm saying. Any guys making less then 20 an hour or so gets punished for it

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                    [B]I have quite a few cases of these 3rd generation welfare users. They teach their children and friends all the tricks!

You can have a lax law and thus risking leechers getting benefits or you can have a strict law and thus risking people who actually needs this to survive, can't make a living.

Choose your poison.
                    Some people don't understand that because they haven't met these type of chicks. They think it's a media creation

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                      Naw it's druggie bum men who claim they're disabled cuz they are so afraid of work and loser women who have babies purposely to get free places to stay in this case. All that other stuff is a separate issue.
                      These people use very small percent of our resources, its a non issue. The amount of people who are actually taking advantage of the system is an even smaller fraction. *****ing about the people who are doing even worse off than yourself is ignorant and accomplishes nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X