No announcement yet.

Jose Luis Lopez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Luis Lopez

Anyone remember this tank from the 90s? sort of like a Margarito, but was much more of a power puncher than a volume puncher. Apparently was one of those guys that didnt train whatsoever and could just go in there to beat the **** out of you.

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    Anyone remember this tank from the 90s? sort of like a Margarito, but was much more of a power puncher than a volume puncher. Apparently was one of those guys that didnt train whatsoever and could just go in there to beat the **** out of you.

I sure do! But you should show his fight vs Quartey, that was his peak performance. I think he got robbed in that fight really, he won it clearly imo and almost stopped the unstoppable in the 11th. He also DESTROYED Campas pretty easy and annihilated the respectable champ Eamon Loughran in 1 round. Awesome fighter, had speed, power, reflexes, good combinations, but was lazy and unfocused.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
      I sure do! But you should show his fight vs Quartey, that was his peak performance. I think he got robbed in that fight really, he won it clearly imo and almost stopped the unstoppable in the 11th. He also DESTROYED Campas pretty easy and annihilated the respectable champ Eamon Loughran in 1 round. Awesome fighter, had speed, power, reflexes, good combinations, but was lazy and unfocused.
      Lopez was robbed? Quartey won every round (easily) that he wasn't knocked down in. He was the one who was robbed. Originally Ike was announced the winner and the sleazy WBA changed it the next day. It was like if they had called W Klitschko-Peter I a draw.

Comment

Ive always wanted to see his fight against Campas, since it was a pretty damn good win and I heard it was a destruction. never could find it however.

I think I might make a 'successful fighters who never trained' thread in the future...

Comment

I guess I have most of his televised fights. He was a warrior. Many might not know but he was stripped of his wbo belt for testing positive for pot.
          He was actually a ok boxer as he proved in the with Campos. The Page fight was a classic as it forced the powerpunching Page to become a boxer in what was probably Page's finest performance.

There is a possibilty that youtube vid against Page was from my orig recording that I shared around years ago. I got a dvd of the fight out to about 50 people. Still have the original on my external.
          Last edited by TBear; 06-19-2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Lopez was robbed? Quartey won every round (easily) that he wasn't knocked down in. He was the one who was robbed. Originally Ike was announced the winner and the sleazy WBA changed it the next day. It was like if they had called W Klitschko-Peter I a draw.
            You can't score for your life. Better stay out of such debates. Lopez won AT LEAST 7 rounds, I gave him 8, fool. I'm SICK of nuthuggers like you, I like Quartey too but I don't claim he won ALL his fights! Like some of you idiots do.
            Last edited by Pastrano; 06-19-2011, 11:50 AM.

Comment

You can't score for your life. Better stay out of such debates. Lopez won AT LEAST 7 rounds, I gave him 8, fool. I'm SICK of nuthuggers like you, I like Quartey too but I don't claim he won ALL his fights! Like some of you idiots do.
              You're writing fiction Bozo the Clown. Is there anyone else here who has seen this fight and can verify whether or not Lopez lost almost every round?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                You're writing fiction Bozo the Clown. Is there anyone else here who has seen this fight and can verify whether or not Lopez lost almost every round?
                Ask TheGreatA or Obama. I know Obama didn't score it as wide as you, thats a fact. He did score it for Quartey, erroneously, but not as a shutout.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
                  Ive always wanted to see his fight against Campas, since it was a pretty damn good win and I heard it was a destruction. never could find it however.

I think I might make a 'successful fighters who never trained' thread in the future...
                  It was a pretty good scrap but Lopez made ole boy quit and after that I wasn't feeling Campas too tough. Haven't seen that bout in ages. One thing people forget about Lopez was that, aside from the prodigious power and granite chin, he had very quick hands, deceptively fast. He only looked like a couch potato and trained like one. Huge waste of talent.

What is your agenda? You obviously didn't see the fight or you're just being a ****ing jackass ruining the thread. Probably both.

Comment

Ask TheGreatA or Obama. I know Obama didn't score it as wide as you, thats a fact. He did score it for Quartey, erroneously, but not as a shutout.
                    You say Lopez was robbed and won at least 7 rounds then to try and prove it you tell Scott to ask Obama who scored it for Quartey ?.

Watching it now, up to round 6 and Lopez has only won round 2 because of the down.

Comment

Working...
                    X