Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Will You Ignorant, Racist Morons Realize? Its Not Ethnicity Or Bloodline

that determines the talent and type of fighter one is or will be. Mexican fighters aren't tough and resilient because they have Spanish and Mesoamerican indian blood, it is because of cultural and social environmental influence. African American fighters aren't born to be slick as if it is embedded in their DNA. Some are slick because that is the style they were exposed to as a young age. That is the style taught to them. But even that is a myth in itself as most African American fighters are boxer/punchers and again, it has nothing to do with their racial/ethnic make up.

Some people are questioning what Martinez and Canelo fall under. How ****ing ignorant and stupid is that? These fighters aren't cataloged by what type of blood runs through their veins, but rather the experiences which molded them into what they are now. Those experience are derivatives of their upbringing and social acclimation. Canelo is a Mexican fighter because he was RAISED in Mexico. Canelo could be of Japenese decent and he would still be a Mexican fighter because that is WHO he is.

Ethicity, nationality, blood line: All this has nothing to do with the talent of a fighter. Culture, experience, social upbringing has EVERYTHING to do with the talent of a fighter.

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    that determines the talent and type of fighter one is or will be. Mexican fighters aren't tough and resilient because they have Spanish and Mesoamerican indian blood, it is because of cultural and social environmental influence. African American fighters aren't born to be slick as if it is embedded in their DNA. Some are slick because that is the style they were exposed to as a young age. That is the style taught to them. But even that is a myth in itself as most African American fighters are boxer/punchers and again, it has nothing to do with their racial/ethnic make up.

Some people are questioning what Martinez and Canelo fall under. How ****ing ignorant and stupid is that? These fighters aren't cataloged by what type of blood runs through their veins, but rather the experiences which molded them into what they are now. Those experience are derivatives of their upbringing and social acclimation. Canelo is a Mexican fighter because he was RAISED in Mexico. Canelo could be of Japenese decent and he would still be a Mexican fighter because that is WHO he is.

Ethicity, nationality, blood line: All this has nothing to do with the talent of a fighter. Culture, experience, social upbringing has EVERYTHING to do with the talent of a fighter.
    These have nothing to do with it either, it just comes down to your level of ability and how hard you work at it.

Comment

you're a noob to life if you think bloodline doesn't matter

Comment

I agree, bloodline does matter.

That's why elite families always intermarry.

To preserve their bloodlines.

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyBlayze View Post
          you're a noob to life if you think bloodline doesn't matter
          Really? If that were the case, then we'd have as many great African fighters as we have had African American.

Reason being that don't is because Boxing isn't engraved in the African culture has it has been in the American culture. Its not bloodline my dude.

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
            I agree, bloodline does matter.

That's why elite families always intermarry.

To preserve their bloodlines.
            You're talking about family bloodlines. This isn't what its about.

Comment

Really? If that were the case, then we'd have as many great African fighters as we have had African American.

Reason being that don't is because Boxing isn't engraved in the African culture has it has been in the American culture. Its not bloodline my dude.
              being african alone doesn't make you great you idiot, but if you come from a family of athletes it makes a big difference

if you come from a family of fighters it makes a big ****in difference

i hate to brag like this, but i know this **** first hand

Comment

Originally posted by INJECT View Post
                These have nothing to do with it either, it just comes down to your level of ability and how hard you work at it.
                Bro, what you said about ability and determination do play a big part. But also culture, social upbringing, experience (basically your environment) does play a part of what kind of fighter you are. There are some tough neighborhoods around where you start fighting at a young age and don't stand for sht. That will make you a tougher boxer/person. You obviously grew up somewhere safe.

Comment

You're talking about family bloodlines. This isn't what its about.
                  You're talking about culture and upbringing as things that matter when they matter as little as race does.

You make a thread complaining about a problem and then offer a different set of problems as the solution.

It has nothing to do with culture or upbringing whatsoever.

Comment

I agree with the threadstarter.

Max Kellerman says that black boxers have innately "superior athleticism" but I think he's a crackpot. We saw that Martinez is more athletic than Williams, that Wladimir Klitschko is more athletic than Sam Peter, etc.

It has nothing to do with race, it has to do with individual capabilities and learned boxing styles.

Comment

Working...
                    X