No announcement yet.

Kevin Iole: "It is NOT fair to say the Floyd hasn't faced an elite WW before"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    It is fair, its why hindsight is such a good thing.

Judah and Baldomir were never ELITE welterweights, they were some of the top WW at the time but could never be considered elite.
    Undisputed Welterweight champion isn't considered elite?

What kind of rock are you smoking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Agreed, Unless the word "elite" is now so low then i wouldnt even put anyone up has an elite WW in the last 5 years...By the time Mayweather got to WW in 2005/2006 the only fighters around WW were people like Judah,Margarito..Spinks and Mosley were dancing with rebuilding and fighting at 154ish.

I cant even name one elite fighter in around WW in that time because none of them had done anything exceptional to be class as Elite at 147.
      Except unify the division

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post

Baldomir and Judah werent elite to me in 2006, Margarito and cotto are not elite in 2006, I would how ever call Margarito and cotto elite WW in 2008/2009.
        margarito was a top 3 welterweight from 2001 to 2009 and top 1 for many of those years. it's not his fault mayorga, spinks, judah, baldomir and mayweather refused to fight him. he wanted those fights badly but they they never gave him the chance to become elite in the public eye even though he was elite from a boxing stand point. it was a sad injustice and similar to what happened to paul williams when he was at welterweight. they thought they were too dangerous so pretended they weren't there. they hid behind the "they aren't popular enough" bull**** even though they both were on hbo, showtime, and espn many times. it's not like they were an journeyman from argentina......ohhh

Comment

• Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
          Undisputed Welterweight champion isn't considered elite?

What kind of rock are you smoking.
          he wasn't undisputed, he was the lineal champion, big difference

Comment

• Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
            Except unify the division
            remind me again which one beat margarito?

Comment

• I disagree. After losing to Baldomir Judah fell to Clottey status. A top fighter for sure, but not elite.

Comment

• Originally posted by the impaler View Post
                you do realize morales was coming of a loss all three times pac fought him?

You do realize mab was coming of a loss the the second time pac fought him?

Those are the men pac built his legacy off of. I guess that legacy is in shambles.
                *******s owned!!!!!!!

Comment

• berto-baldomir make it happen people. 2 elites going at it for the "official" wbc belt of corruption

Comment

Working...
                  X