Silva fires back at Dana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silva fires back at Dana

From ATAMA's reporter Rudamire Moreno:

"I did what I needed to do, I'm not here to make excuses for anything. I did what I needed to do, my job was completed. First off, this is my job. The critics can say what they want. I'll keep training to get better, I don't having much more to say than that.

You all want to see a knockout in every fight, but it doesn't always happen. Sometimes it happens, and sometimes it doesn't. It might seem easy to people who are watching, but the people who train every day know better.

I believe I did my job well... no, I don't just believe, I'm certain I did it well. I have a lot of good adversaries in this weight class, except that he was a Jiu-Jitsu opponent who didn't come to trade strikes. He only came looking to take me down. There came a point where he realized he couldn't do what he wanted to do. The fight finished and I maintained my strategy of hitting him and moving. Everybody who enters the cage respects each other and I take that very seriously. Demian came hear to do his job and so did I. We're all here to promote the event, but everything has to be planned out carefully, especially fights between Brazilians. When it comes to fighting an opponent of Demian's caliber, who is very dangerous on the ground, then you have to be very careful in your strategy."

"Maia disrespected me and I punished him for it. I don't owe the fans anything. I am the worlds champion and I know what it takes to stay on top. Some people that don't fight think that I owe Dana something. He owes me for the fights I have put on for him. He owes me a lot. Dana would not have had a show or turnout without me"

-Anderson Silva
    More on the disrespect Maia showed him...
    "I don't know what school he comes from, but in the school I came from I learned to have respect for all my opponents. I didn't arrive here disrespecting anybody. Any time an adversary disrespects me as a black belt, I will do to them like I did to Maia. Some people will like to see such a show and some won't, but he paid for the nonsense he was speaking before the fight."
    Looks like Maia was talking **** about his Black belt from the Nogueras so he wanted to teach him a lesson. Maia has a broken orbital bone and a broken nose....

lol i love seing dana white pissed off ahahahha

Comment

Bollocks. I don't mind confidence, cockiness even, but Silva merely comes over as a conceited, arrogant ****.

Comment

i like the fact that Dana wants gr8 fights all the time..but i also understand Silva and where he comen from..course in MMA u can lose a fight and still b respected unlike in boxing where u lose once and your considered a shot nobody lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mozza View Post
          Bollocks. I don't mind confidence, cockiness even, but Silva merely comes over as a conceited, arrogant ****.
          Have you ever fought somebody that challenged you, and once in the fight you quickly recognized your skill was superior to his? I have and that's what you do to him when he has talked the talk, you beat his a$$ and give him the business at the same time... Once maia realized it was an MMA Mixed Martial Arts fight and not a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu match why did he just staright up scrap like a man, and take his knockout like everyone else...?

Comment

Originally posted by Living Legend View Post
            Have you ever fought somebody that challenged you, and once in the fight you quickly recognized your skill was superior to his? I have and that's what you do to him when he has talked the talk, you beat his a$$ and give him the business at the same time... Once maia realized it was an MMA Mixed Martial Arts fight and not a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu match why did he just staright up scrap like a man, and take his knockout like everyone else...?
            Why didn't Silva? For two rounds he done literally nothing and for me Maia clearly won the last round. The bottom line here is that Silva let himself, and everyone who watched that fight, down badly.

Comment

Why didn't Silva? For two rounds he done literally nothing and for me Maia clearly won the last round. The bottom line here is that Silva let himself, and everyone who watched that fight, down badly.
              are u kiddin me"? that maia did **** the hole fight, silva is a counter puncher, if u see the forrest griffin u see what silva like to do, maia would not take any chances, i saw the fight, he did absolutly nothing the hole fight except for a few takes downs, he threw no kicks, no punchs, why is everyone blaming silva? blame the challenger as hes suppose to go after the champ, silva is doing what a champ is suppose to do, sit back and enjoy the ride cause it ends fast at the top.

Comment

In the fifth round, Maia threw 4 punches, Anderson threw 11...

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
                  In the fifth round, Maia threw 4 punches, Anderson threw 11...
                  I don't accept those figures but irrespective of that only one man deserved to win the round and it wasn't Silva.

Comment

Originally posted by PackosCotto View Post
                    are u kiddin me"? that maia did **** the hole fight, silva is a counter puncher, if u see the forrest griffin u see what silva like to do, maia would not take any chances, i saw the fight, he did absolutly nothing the hole fight except for a few takes downs, he threw no kicks, no punchs, why is everyone blaming silva? blame the challenger as hes suppose to go after the champ, silva is doing what a champ is suppose to do, sit back and enjoy the ride cause it ends fast at the top.
                    Listen I think Silva is a wonderful fighter but his behaviour varied between weird and disinterested which is unacceptable and I your defense of him is cringeworthy.

Comment

Working...
                    X