No announcement yet.

Khan dissapointing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan dissapointing

I still think he will go all the way but not his best performance 2 say the least! Probably do him good tho

I think it was a decent performance and we are expecting too much from him. Remember he is only 20!

He didn't rush in against this guy like he normally does, which is a good thing. He kept his cool.

Khan also showed how adept he is with his combos and really impressed me in that department, even though you can tell he is still only a prospect. (Went a bit wild at times).

His chin looked quite good too. He was caught flush a few times and it didn't really bother him, although he went headhunting after he was hit. This again just shows that he is a bit green at the moment.

All in all, if it had been a different fighter and not the hyped Khan, it would be looked on as a decent performance.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raging Bull View Post
      I think it was a decent performance and we are expecting too much from him. Remember he is only 20!

He didn't rush in against this guy like he normally does, which is a good thing. He kept his cool.

Khan also showed how adept he is with his combos and really impressed me in that department, even though you can tell he is still only a prospect. (Went a bit wild at times).

His chin looked quite good too. He was caught flush a few times and it didn't really bother him, although he went headhunting after he was hit. This again just shows that he is a bit green at the moment.

All in all, if it had been a different fighter and not the hyped Khan, it would be looked on as a decent performance.
      I know khans only 20 but tyson was a world champ at 20. Khans been boxing since he was like 8 or somthing so it's not like he hasn't had long to learn. His defense is pretty **** and he was lucky that he was in with a guy who couldn't punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
        I know khans only 20 but tyson was a world champ at 20. Khans been boxing since he was like 8 or somthing so it's not like he hasn't had long to learn. His defense is pretty **** and he was lucky that he was in with a guy who couldn't punch.
        i agree

the guy threw 20 punches a round and still landed

Comment

**** that boy can be lazy with his jab

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
            All good points, but Tyson was a phenomenon and it's wrong to compare Khan to Tyson, because Tyson was extremely rare.

And the pro's are totally different to the amateur's and Duke Mackenzie stated that everything is a learning curve for Amir at this point and I feel maybe he is being too harshly judged at such an early age.

But I agree, his defense could of and should of been better.

Comment

He did Ok, this was his first ten rounder and he had stepped up a weight and still won comfortably on the cards!

As I have said before, lets not get carried away until he has matured into his mid twenties and has at least 20 fights under his belt.

At this stage he is a good prospect and this performance was excellent if you look at it in that perspective!

Comment

Originally posted by The Raging Bull View Post

Yeah mabey we are a bit critical of the hot young PROSPECTS! His chin held up well too but the dude had feather fists! I think Khan coulda hurt him more with more body work, sum of the body shots in the early rounds seemed to SLIGHTLY bother him.

Comment

Originally posted by ROBO #1 View Post
                  Yeah mabey we are a bit critical of the hot young PROSPECTS! His chin held up well too but the dude had feather fists! I think Khan coulda hurt him more with more body work, sum of the body shots in the early rounds seemed to SLIGHTLY bother him.
                  Yeh Khan's bodywork was garbage but when he went to the body, his opponent looked uncomfortable.

Comment

I think this fight might make Khan realise that a world title next year is a bit of a steep slope for him. Unless he fights for some ****e vacant WBU belt or somthing.

Comment

Working...
                    X