Collapse
No announcement yet.

B.Hop on "First Take" talking Pacquiao, Marquez and Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins is a strange interview. Every time I see him, he can sound like the most intelligent man one minute, and not so much the next.

He is the King of Malapropism, but that only add to him being the best talker in Boxing. It beats "Ya kno wat i sayin" and all that other bratty Broner talk.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I meant that he's acting like that now, since Pac got knocked out. Before the Marquez fight, he was right along with Skip that Pac wanted the fight and Mayweather didn't, and that it made him question whether Mayweather could beat Pac. He's pretending he never said any of that and acting like Marquez knocking Pac out is a victory for Mayweather now.
      I don't remember that about Stephen A...I saw him picking Mayweather each time the topic was bought up (even when both Marquez and Pac were in the studio for that time). Maybe he said it a year or so earlier and then switched it up...

As far as that show is concerned, I could care less about it now...Skip Baseless is a prop, and SAS is basically redundant with his comments. That show hasn't been as good as it was when it was Cold Pizza and it had my favorite journalist on there...

PS - I knew that dance would lead to a gif somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
        I don't remember that about Stephen A...I saw him picking Mayweather each time the topic was bought up (even when both Marquez and Pac were in the studio for that time). Maybe he said it a year or so earlier and then switched it up...

As far as that show is concerned, I could care less about it now...Skip Baseless is a prop, and SAS is basically redundant with his comments. That show hasn't been as good as it was when it was Cold Pizza and it had my favorite journalist on there...

PS - I knew that dance would lead to a gif somewhere
        Stephen A is two faced and truth be told I dislike ( Where with Skip it is a case of finding him annoying). He always stood by his belief that Mayweather would beat Pacquiao in a fight however when Marquez and Pacquiao were on the show (promoting their fourth fight) he said that he now believed Mayweather was scared of Pacquiao.

That in itself didn't make me dislike him as people can change their opinion. What I found somewhat distasteful was him treating Pacquiao as a friend, ingratiating himself with him and what not only to say ''That boy got put too sleep'' and just revering in his demise. I found it off putting people 2 months earlier he was kowtowing to Pacquiao, I expected him to behave in a more dignified manner with regards to someone who showed him respect.

Comment

Just watched the whole video. B-Hop is a natural at this.

He outwitted these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
            Stephen A is two faced and truth be told I dislike ( Where with Skip it is a case of finding him annoying). He always stood by his belief that Mayweather would beat Pacquiao in a fight however when Marquez and Pacquiao were on the show (promoting their fourth fight) he said that he now believed Mayweather was scared of Pacquiao.

That in itself didn't make me dislike him as people can change their opinion. What I found somewhat distasteful was him treating Pacquiao as a friend, ingratiating himself with him and what not only to say ''That boy got put too sleep'' and just revering in his demise. I found it off putting people 2 months earlier he was kowtowing to Pacquiao, I expected him to behave in a more dignified manner with regards to someone who showed him respect.
            From what I remember when Pacquiao and Marquez where on the show, Stephen actually told Pacquiao to his face, "i believe Floyd will beat you, if the fight occurs". Yes he showed respect to the man, but still told the man his thoughts truthfully and Pacquiao just laughed at him.

Comment

Skip got trolled. That Stew name got to him.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
                From what I remember when Pacquiao and Marquez where on the show, Stephen actually told Pacquiao to his face, "i believe Floyd will beat you, if the fight occurs". Yes he showed respect to the man, but still told the man his thoughts truthfully and Pacquiao just laughed at him.
                Yeah ur right. He did tell PAC Floyd would beat him. They are twisting what he said a lil bit. He was basically saying that when he talked to PAC backstage about Floyd, pacman laughed it off like he ain't scared. So Stephen was saying he doesn't think PAC is scared of floyd(and I don't either). Doesn't change the fact that Floyd still would have beat him. U don't have to be scared to lose. He was really saying to Floyd PAC ain't scared and laughed at u. U just gonna let him laugh at u? He was just instigating lol.

Comment

That sucked...you go to get interviewed and all you do is talk about A fight that will never happen. I feel bad for Bhop. Id rather hear about the Upcoming bhop fight....!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    He's a bit like Mike Tyson in that sense. He might not know all the fancy words and phrases etc but if you can look past that and focus on the points he's trying to make you can see that they have a very unique and special kind of knowledge. Not knowledge you can learn in some fancy posh school or university, but that raw street schooled knowledge.

I seriously could listen to Bernard Hopkins talk all day. The man has so much of that old school knowledge in him just listening to a few words from him you can learn so much.
                    green

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                      Skip got trolled. That Stew name got to him.
                      yea it did!!

Comment

Working...
                      X