No announcement yet.

What do you know about Islam?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fuzzy101 View Post
    Have you studied the Hadith for yourself, there are Muslim who spend there lifetime assembling the hadith and organizing it and yet you bring up something that you might of heard someone say or got it from Google. Give me the exact hadith number and also which book hadith you got these information from so I can look them up
    I don't claim to be an Islamic or Biblical scholar but I don't have to be. I can read the texts and see the way the believers follow that text and make my own judgment's based on that. It's like Christians that disregard the Old Testament because it's full of violence, murder, rape, slavery and God's command to do it all.

Sorry but you can't have it both ways. Mohamed took the peninsula by force, he wasn't some peacfull preacher and this is well documented in the Hadiths.

There was the massacre of unarmed merchants during the holy month in Nakhla. Where 4 men were brutally murdered and Mohamed got 1/5th the share.

There was the slaughter of 70 Meccans that came to defend their caravans. Here's a written account of what happened after the slaughter was over.

Mohammed was gratified at the sight of his murdered victims. After the battle, he sent his followers to look for the corpse of Abu Jahal, one of the Meccans who had criticised him openly. When his corpse was found,they cut off the head and threw it down at Mohammed's feet. He cried out in delirious joy, "Rejoice! Here lies the head of the enemy of Allah! Praise Allah, for there is no other but he!"
    There was assassination of poets who spoke out against Mohamed.

There was the Seige of Baynu Quanuqa where hundreds died.

There are many quotes from not only the Quran but the Hadiths of Mohamed's great ability as a warrior.

Comment

• I know it holds no place in the modern world just like every other Religion.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        Be respectful of what?

Cowardly extremists who murder innocent people like livestock in the name of God?

Never.

**** that, **** them, and **** you for demanding that I show respect to such vile and recreant scum.

I'll say that to anybody's face.

Yes, you're acting like a coward human. Why you dont find a chechen from outside for insult his face. Please do it.

Good night to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Islam is the same religion 3.0.....comes from the same myths and stories the other 2 Abrahamic religions come from and 2000 years later gullible people still cling to them in fear.
          I don't get why people always mention fear....Im a Muslim, and I did a lot of research before I could actually call myself one....why in the world would be affraid of something I didn't believe in? It makes no sense....The people who truly believe in religion will of course have some kind of fear....but if there is no belief in the first place.....why would they be affraid?

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
          I ain't a big fan of religion and Islam is right at the top of that list. The only benefit I can see is that it gives the ability to believe in nothing and in-turn that motivates and strengthens a person.

I'm just not naive enough to believe in something like that, there has never been any proof for God's existence but that's what 'faith' is. Religion seems to create these loop holes, you ask a question about God's existence and the reply is 'have faith'.

Well I'd much rather learn about what we're actually discovering outside of this planet and the universe rather then telling myself that I'll find out in the end only to be disappointed. Once you're dead, that's it - you rot into oblivion. The unknown is too much for any human to handle and religion will be around until all humans can accept death - which isn't very likely. If it gets you through the day and makes you a better person, that's great.

Science and religion don't go hand in hand, just like alchemy, astrology - religion is the biggest pseudo-science going.
          Science and Religion do go hand in hand....Most of my belief came from the science in the Quran, and the fact science keeps proving its statements correct....

Many people don't just follow the religion because it says to... Its because the science the Quran provides....why we are here...what to expect in life etc etc...

I don't expect anyone to blindly follow a religion....but then some people would say we are ignorant to science..but then I would say some people are ignorant to religion

Some people prefer not to believe in it because it will make them change their life style...or do things they consider wasting time

I can understand both sides of an argument about religion - I'm not going to preach to others I know, most the time people often ask me questions and I'm willing to answer from the knowledge I have and if I can't I'll research it, friends of mine are normally interested and respect the religion and decision I make, even if they don't do or agree with it lol

Comment

• Science and Religion do go hand in hand....Most of my belief came from the science in the Quran, and the fact science keeps proving its statements correct....
            Like?

_______

Comment

• Originally posted by AssasinKing View Post
              I don't get why people always mention fear....Im a Muslim, and I did a lot of research before I could actually call myself one....why in the world would be affraid of something I didn't believe in? It makes no sense....The people who truly believe in religion will of course have some kind of fear....but if there is no belief in the first place.....why would they be affraid?
              Fear of the unknown, fear of dying and not being promised a heaven. See, the main reason that people believe in God or religion is for personal comfort. It's easier to tell a child that when he/she dies, that they will go and live in heaven with angels and streets paved with gold.

It's considered cruel to tell a child that when he/she dies that they will rot in the ground. Believers are motivated by fear and reward, that is the basis of theists, they see a reward of everlasting life or a threat of everlasting torture by burning in hell.

It's really a warped sense of morality. I mean think about it, it's like a child who only does well if you threaten them or only does good if you promise them a toy or something they want.

That's not really morality, it's just wanting to be a better person for your own personal gain. Atheists are much more moral because IF they chose to do good, they do it with no promise of heaven or rewards of 72 virgins in some mansion in heaven.

By the way, science and religion do NOT go hand in hand, that is a lie perpetuated by men who want to spread their beliefs. The more science learns the truth about the world we live in, the farther it goes from religious teachings.
              Last edited by Cuauhtémoc1520; 01-08-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                The bold is exactly why these people do as they do : They are so deranged that they believe that the act of killing a non-muslim isn't murder. They consider it manslaughter (which is permitted) because, to them, it's not an act of malice but an act of salvation, or more commonly, jihad.
                I get your'e point Bringer, it's the way they have interpreted that verse. No where in that verse i gave does it say anything about a non-Muslim, it says you cant take the life of anyone be it Muslim or non-Muslim. These cave bandits I bet have not even read the Koran and are picking and choosing verses that best fits there twisted agenda.

Comment

• Originally posted by Checheni_Lamara View Post
                  Yes, you're acting like a coward human. Why you dont find a chechen from outside for insult his face. Please do it.

Good night to all.
                  So let me get this straight : I'm a coward because I speak out against craven extremists who massacre innocents in the name of God?

Yeah, that makes total sense.

Your lack of intelligence, logic, and reading comprehension is telling, even for a 16 year old. More telling than that is the fact that you came into this thread touting the innate goodness of Islam and then refuse to divorce yourself from the extremists of your religion who murder for God.

You are the coward here, child.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Sorry but your excuse of "It's the media" is a boring and out dated one. Fact is, the Quran is CLEAR in it's teachings and part of it's teachings is the acceptance of violence to achieve domination. Because that's the eventual goal of Islam isn't it...to dominate the world and it's not shy about speaking on that.

While not all Muslims are extremists, the teachings and scriptures in the Quran are clear and are open for criticism.
                    No, your just clear on where you stand as an anti-religious person

You can pull out sentences from a holy book and try to persuade people it says something different, as most the west do who try to prove a religion to be wrong

Originally posted by fuzzy101 View Post
                    Please give me reference man whats the point in saying stuff if you have no evidence to back it up. And when you bring a verse form the Koran give me the complete verse
                    Look who your talking to, from some of the posts I had read from a few of these people...I can already see their agenda with this thread

There are black sheep in every community, some people will look at some crazy man claiming to be a Muslim killing an innocent man and they will point the finger and say this is what the Quran preaches...

Yet if a non religious person goes and shoots a bunch of teens in a school....I suppose its just life and that person was crazy

Comment

• Terrel is my Muslim homey

Comment

Working...
                      X