Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will another 'Mexican' fall next Saturday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will another 'Mexican' fall next Saturday?

Brandon Rios

Rios is an undefeated Mexican-American boxer in the Lightweight division. He's the current North American Boxing Federation Lightweight Champion.Ríos is trained by former IBF Super Featherweight Champion Roberto Garcia.

Brandon had an amateur record of 230-35. In 2004 Ríos became the U.S. National Amateur Featherweight champion, he was also a United States Olympic alternate at 125 lbs

He next fought in a WBA title eliminator against the undefeated contender Anthony Peterson, on a HBO Boxing After Dark card. Rios dropped Peterson to the canvas with a left hand at the end of the fifth round.In the sixth round, a desperate Peterson landed several low blows on Ríos, losing two points in the process. In the seventh round, Peterson landed low blows once again, prompting the referee to stop the bout and award Ríos a disqualification victory. Brandon was leading on all three scorecards before the stoppage.

Professional Record

won 26 drawn 1

Turned pro in 2004

Miguel Acosta

Acosta is a professional boxer from Venezuela. He resides in the capital of Caracas. His nickname is "Aguacerito". He is the current WBA world lightweight champion after knocking out Paulus Moses on May 29, 2010.

Professional Record

Won 28 Lost 3 Draw 2

Turned pro in 1999

Rios
    33.33%
    Acosta
    66.67%

Rios is a punk I hope he gets K.O'd

Comment

acosta by TKO

Comment

I want Acosta to win!

Comment

Rios is one guy I'd like to see get KTFO.

Comment

war bam bam

Comment

Rios does appear to be bit of a twat

Comment

Originally posted by Blondie View Post
                Rios does appear to be bit of a twat
                hes not all there in the head,Please excuse him.

Comment

Im bettin a lot of points for Acosta.

but its a risky bet. Rios is a very heavy lightweight and could catch Acosta with a big punch anytime.

Acosta is a safty first fighter, so I hope he can win on the scorecards.

Comment

Working...
                  X