No announcement yet.

Mass Shooting in Las Vegas leaves 58 dead, hundreds injured

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
    Has anyone seen the "suicide" pic yet? That room was set up. What's not being talked about is the broken window on the left is a completely different room within the same suite. I find it hard to believe he was running from one room to the other during this whole thing. Signs are pointing to more than one shooter.
    Same. Reports were saying there was more than 1 shooter.

Something is weird about all this.

What happened with that Spanish lady telling people they were all going to die?

Comment

• Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
      Has anyone seen the "suicide" pic yet? That room was set up. What's not being talked about is the broken window on the left is a completely different room within the same suite. I find it hard to believe he was running from one room to the other during this whole thing. Signs are pointing to more than one shooter.
      Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Same. Reports were saying there was more than 1 shooter.

Something is weird about all this.

What happened with that Spanish lady telling people they were all going to die?
      I thought that was off when they first showed it on the news. If he had one good vantage point, why waste time going back and forth? It doesn't make sense

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairweather View Post
        How did the 2nd amendment prevent FDR's executive order targeting minorities being carried through? Have there been changes since then to prevent such a thing happening again?

If enough people feel strongly about those issues you brought up why couldn't they campaign effectively for change?

Does the unelected gun lobby have too much influence over your democracy?
        I remembered reading a few years back through personal anecdotes and memoirs that when Americans of Japanese descent were detained and had their property and belongings confiscated, there was talk within the community to shoot it out with the Federal government, but the elders of the community put a stop to it, because the community was widely seen as suspects and traitors that they didn't want to exacerbate the problem. Instead the young men joined up the US military, fought and became one of the most decorated units.

The point being is that there will always be a group of Americans that feel if certain thresholds are crossed, that great violence is needed to remedy the situation. That's why the 2nd amendment is there, to prevent things from turning into Venezuela or N. Korea.

As for the gun lobby, they have their interest just like other lobbyists and special interests. Their interest is in preserving the 2nd amendment, no different than the teachers union in America trying to protect their interests for trying to preserve the current status quo of public schools or the ACLU tries to protect the 1st amendment. I just find it strange that the gun lobby is pointed as the bad guy, when they are just doing what every other group does.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
          I thought that was off when they first showed it on the news. If he had one good vantage point, why waste time going back and forth? It doesn't make sense
          Another thing is how did this guy get the weapons in the room?

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
            The UT tower shooter did that, actually. And there's no doubt he acted alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              He was in the room for days before the shooting.

My guess is he brought them in a little at a time.

Those places are loaded with cameras. We should know soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Disassemble the stock from barrel and it can be disguised pretty easily. I had an AK with folding stock that I could fit in a duffle bag whole

Comment

• Democratic reps are boycotting the moment of silence for the victims. Just the left being the left. Nothing to see here folks, just move it along.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/10/0...-vegas-victims

Comment

• Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    So you agree we cant blame the guns as they are but one factor, and data shows places with the most guns and lax gun laws don't have the highest gun crime rates anyway, correct?
                    No, thats not correct. Not in relation to gun deaths at least.

When economist Richard Florida took a look at gun deaths and other social indicators, he found that higher populations, more stress, more immigrants, and more mental illness didn’t correlate with more gun deaths. But he did find one telling correlation: States with tighter gun control laws have fewer gun-related deaths. (Read more at Florida’s “The Geography of Gun Deaths.”)

This is backed by other research: A 2016 review of 130 studies in 10 countries, published in Epidemiologic Reviews, found that new legal restrictions on owning and purchasing guns tended to be followed by a drop in gun violence — a strong indicator that restricting access to guns can save lives.
                    Last edited by Furn; 10-03-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bygeorge View Post
                      I remembered reading a few years back through personal anecdotes and memoirs that when Americans of Japanese descent were detained and had their property and belongings confiscated, there was talk within the community to shoot it out with the Federal government, but the elders of the community put a stop to it, because the community was widely seen as suspects and traitors that they didn't want to exacerbate the problem. Instead the young men joined up the US military, fought and became one of the most decorated units.

The point being is that there will always be a group of Americans that feel if certain thresholds are crossed, that great violence is needed to remedy the situation. That's why the 2nd amendment is there, to prevent things from turning into Venezuela or N. Korea.

As for the gun lobby, they have their interest just like other lobbyists and special interests. Their interest is in preserving the 2nd amendment, no different than the teachers union in America trying to protect their interests for trying to preserve the current status quo of public schools or the ACLU tries to protect the 1st amendment. I just find it strange that the gun lobby is pointed as the bad guy, when they are just doing what every other group does.
                      They were a minority it wouldn't achieved anything but get them massacred.

If a group of Americans feel strongly enough that great violence is needed to change something that was voted in by the majority is that going against democracy? What if you have a situation where you have two radically different candidates and one wins by the slimmest of margins seriously upsetting 49.9% of the population? How would this situation actually play out in reality and what would it lead to?

Do the most powerful of the unelected lobby groups then wield too much influence? Maybe the gun lobby gets singled out because there one of the most powerful and the issue is the best killing weapon in the world. I think big pharma come up too since the issue healthcare is also a sensitive one.
                      Last edited by Fairweather; 10-03-2017, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X