No announcement yet.

Who's gonna be the #1 guy at 140 by the end of 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    But for me Taylor , Prograis and Iman all have a good chance of doing their thing in the division and have the best shot holding down the #1 spot
    You don't think that Granados fight (which you could argue was a legit "exposing" fight although I tend to hate that term due to its overuse in any L) & the lack of competition King has put Imam in in the 2yrs since that fight telling? What has you feeling Imam is up there still as a potential #1 guy?

the dark horse if he took the sport seriously and wasn’t a walking minstrel show would be Broner
    Man I couldn't even get myself to bring up Broner's name in my initial post here lol. But yea his name makes him relevant I guess.

I feel like he's not taken this game seriously for more than 2 fights in a row in years & he's getting older so he's not gonna age well I predict with his in between fights shape & lack of focus. I got zero faith in him being able to come back strong into boxing mainly cuz I don't think he really wants it. Broner seems to me like he wants to be famous more than a elite level boxer...and he gots the fame now so whats the upside for him in getting better at boxing? I say there is no upside for him.

This division would be great for the 2nd season of the WBSS if all the top dogs signed on
    100%. This would be a solid division to do a WBSS tournament.

Comment

Hard one to call at the moment. We still need to see more out of everyone.
      We need to see more from Ramirez and Taylor.
      We need to see how Mikey keeps looking at 140.

Prograis destroyed Indongo, but he did a little clumsy at times. I would like to see more of him as well.
      Last edited by HI-TECH Boxing; 03-10-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clenelo View Post
        Forgot all about Josh Taylor, Taylor Vs Mikey Garcia would be very interesting, Mikey wouldn't have it easy.
        Not a chance in hell Mikey has it easy vs Taylor. I believe Josh Taylor is going to shock a lot of people when he gets his chance. Shane McGuigan after Taylor's last fight was talking about how they have to find bigger guys to spar Taylor he's that good. He said Taylor done work with Groves for the Cox fight and gave Groves his best work. Thats pretty scary tbh. All the boxers that have been in camp with Taylor rave about how good he is. Carl Frampton said people stay back to watch him spar he's that good. David Haye in an interview said Taylor is a serious weapon and as tough as nails. Haye seen Taylor up close when he was working with Shane McGuigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          You don't think that Granados fight (which you could argue was a legit "exposing" fight although I tend to hate that term due to its overuse in any L) & the lack of competition King has put Imam in in the 2yrs since that fight telling? What has you feeling Imam is up there still as a potential #1 guy?

Man I couldn't even get myself to bring up Broner's name in my initial post here lol. But yea his name makes him relevant I guess.

I feel like he's not taken this game seriously for more than 2 fights in a row in years & he's getting older so he's not gonna age well I predict with his in between fights shape & lack of focus. I got zero faith in him being able to come back strong into boxing mainly cuz I don't think he really wants it. Broner seems to me like he wants to be famous more than a elite level boxer...and he gots the fame now so whats the upside for him in getting better at boxing? I say there is no upside for him.

100%. This would be a solid division to do a WBSS tournament.

Not really because Granados is a bad mother f.ucker ain’t no shame in losing to him( he’s another name you can throw in the mix as well to make some noise ) Iman has the potential to rebound from it not saying he will but if he beats Ramirez next week and Prograis after he’s the man

Sometimes guys stumble on their way up like Adonis & Kov did against Darnell Boone. Badou Jack against Edwards. Loma against Salido it happens I’m not going to write him off yet

The biggest problem for me with Aman is he’s with King who’s dusty as f.uck and has proven in the last decade he’s irrelevant in the sport who can’t get his fighters fights and only can when their he B-side

I agree with you about Broner and basically everything you wrote . He’s a d list celebrity at best and thinks he’s the man and doesn’t seem to want to be the best at his sport

But I still think if he took the sport seriously ( doubt he can ) he could make some noise at 140. No one yet has proven they are elite at 140 and broners only lost to elite fighters or top end guys who were bigger plus he’s the biggest name and would probably get favourable scores from the judges and he has the most experience of anyone making noise at 140 in big fights

But honestly I don’t see it happening like I said he’s a real life Minstrel show I just think the fields wide open for someone to take the crown at 140 and right now he can be included in the conversation not saying or think he will but right now for me his names on the list that’s all

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
            Not really because Granados is a bad mother f.ucker ain’t no shame in losing to him( he’s another name you can throw in the mix as well to make some noise )
            I like Granados, but I still see him as a limited guy & idk that I can see a guy losing to him & being the man in a division any time soon after that L I guess.

Iman has the potential to rebound from it not saying he will but if he beats Ramirez next week and Prograis after he’s the man
            I don't think he's been moved well or in a way to give him his best opportunity to win vs Ramirez or Prograis in the first place, but yea IF he were to manage those two wins then he's definitely towards the top of the heap at 140 worst case.

That said I think best case he gets by Ramirez on Ramirez's lack of experience & gets blown out by Prograis in 3 or 4 rounds. I can't see him getting by Prograis with his garbage defense. He's way too hitable.

Sometimes guys stumble on their way up like Adonis & Kov did against Darnell Boone. Badou Jack against Edwards. Loma against Salido it happens I’m not going to write him off yet
            To me it was how he lost. He didn't seem to have a lot of answers for Granados & it was more Granados' own limitations that kept Imam in the fight as long as he was. And idr seeing the Boone fights so I can't comment on those fights, but that Loma L actually made me MORE confident about Loma due to what he showed in that L.

The Jack thing seemed like a got caught cold situation & he rebounded with a couple W's over guys on a similar level as Edwards iirc to get back on his title path.

Imam has fought straight bums or guys on the back end of their career since his L that has done him no favors in preparing him for this mini-tournament he's in.

His 3 opponents post-L:
            Wilfredo Acuno, 16-19, lost 12 (8 by KO) of his last 14 fights
            Jose Soto, 26-23-2, lost 16 (15 by KO) of his last 18 fights
            Johnny Garcia, 19-4-1, 0-4-1 (2 by KO) in his last 5 fights

The biggest problem for me with Aman is he’s with King who’s dusty as f.uck and has proven in the last decade he’s irrelevant in the sport who can’t get his fighters fights and only can when their he B-side
            Agreed. King has adapted to his current situation to be some sort of rankings manipulater who sits his guys for max times & just waits them into title shots or something along that type of blueprint. Then he just hopes they win that one legit fight he has to put them in to get into a power position. Weird blueprint, but it works for King well enough these days I guess.

Comment

I like Granados, but I still see him as a limited guy & idk that I can see a guy losing to him & being the man in a division any time soon after that L I guess.

I don't think he's been moved well or in a way to give him his best opportunity to win vs Ramirez or Prograis in the first place, but yea IF he were to manage those two wins then he's definitely towards the top of the heap at 140 worst case.

That said I think best case he gets by Ramirez on Ramirez's lack of experience & gets blown out by Prograis in 3 or 4 rounds. I can't see him getting by Prograis with his garbage defense. He's way too hitable.

To me it was how he lost. He didn't seem to have a lot of answers for Granados & it was more Granados' own limitations that kept Imam in the fight as long as he was. And idr seeing the Boone fights so I can't comment on those fights, but that Loma L actually made me MORE confident about Loma due to what he showed in that L.

The Jack thing seemed like a got caught cold situation & he rebounded with a couple W's over guys on a similar level as Edwards iirc to get back on his title path.

Imam has fought straight bums or guys on the back end of their career since his L that has done him no favors in preparing him for this mini-tournament he's in.

His 3 opponents post-L:
              Wilfredo Acuno, 16-19, lost 12 (8 by KO) of his last 14 fights
              Jose Soto, 26-23-2, lost 16 (15 by KO) of his last 18 fights
              Johnny Garcia, 19-4-1, 0-4-1 (2 by KO) in his last 5 fights

Agreed. King has adapted to his current situation to be some sort of rankings manipulater who sits his guys for max times & just waits them into title shots or something along that type of blueprint. Then he just hopes they win that one legit fight he has to put them in to get into a power position. Weird blueprint, but it works for King well enough these days I guess.

Great rebuttal agree with most everything you wrote

But chalk up his lack of quality fights to King being useless at this stage and not knowing how to move a career along

A lot of questions about Aman will be answered next week

For me right now he’s in the mix to be the next guy in the division

But not going to lie after reading your posts I’m less confident in him then before I read them

Comment

Depends on whether the top ones will be pitted against each other or not.
                Usually not.

Comment

What do you like about Ramirez that you think he'll be up there? He's been too guarded for me to have that much confidence in him yet. This Imam fight is gonna say alot about him for me.
                  It is more or less just a hunch. He seems very strong for the weight. We will see next week what he is made of.

Comment

Working...
                  X