Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Olusegun Demands Full Title At Stake For Matthysse Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Olusegun Demands Full Title At Stake For Matthysse Fight

By Jake Donovan - Ajose Olusegun has been in this position far too often. ‘Win this fight, your next will be for the title’ is the promise constantly being made, but the unbeaten 140 lb. contender continues to watch a slew of fighters leapfrog him on their way to his promised title shot.

The latest rumor pits the 32-year old against hard-hitting Lucas Matthysse on September 8 in a site to be determined. The bout will serve as the co-feature to a welterweight title fight between Randall Bailey and Devon Alexander, both of which will air on Showtime as televised doubleheader.

Olusegun is just as excited as everyone else over the possibility of facing Matthysse, who was last seen destroying former two-division titlist Humberto Soto last month in a WBC-sanctioned fight. However, he is rightfully concerned about a recent pattern that has developed over the past year.

“I have no problem fighting Lucas Matthysse. He’s a top guy,” states Olusegun (29-0, 14KO), who has not fought since winning a wide decision over Ali Chebah last September on Showtime. “When I am fighting him, I will be fighting for the world title.” [Click Here To Read More]

I think Olosegun gonna have to go on a rampage into Jose Sulaiman's office and grab that belt off him.

Comment

Damn! Olusegan, Martirosyan, and Sergio Martinez have been treated like some thirsty Hoe's by the WBC for the last 2 years. At least Martinez finally gets to fight for the belt that was unjustly stolen from him and gift wrapped to Chavez.

Comment

i listened to that Boxing Lab radio show this week and they just shat all over olesugun. to qoute ''they wanted him to go away'

real classy boxingscene.

Comment

Smart move. If I were to be fighting a damn king kong, I'd need full status too.

Comment

Too be fair as much a joke as this is that has been promised it for so long its an even bigger joke that he should be ranked so high out off his record so far i only know his last opponent Chebah who is a decent fighter and it was a good win but deserving off a title no way but Suliman did promise him it so cant really complain about Ajose.He should fight Lucas and if he wins which is a big if then he will truly deserve his shot.Thats my opinion

Comment

It's amazing that Lou DiBella can't seem to do right by this kid. He usd to be a big shot exec at HBO, and now he just gets punked by the sanctioning cartels, GB and TR. I feel sorry for the Afican.

Comment

Now thats cold blooded

Comment

He needs to fight more and stop waiting for a title shot. It sucks that promises are being broken, but if he don't start fighting more, he gonna get rusty.

Comment

Ajose need to pull a Suge Knight. Go to the head office of the WBC and hang people over balconies. That will get results

Comment

Working...
                    X