No announcement yet.

I'm Selling My Cain Velasquez Stock.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Selling My Cain Velasquez Stock.

I don't think the guy is making it back from the shoulder injury.

Fully torn rotator cuff and labrum in the same shoulder. I can't help but think that the guy's punching and wrestling prowess will be significantly diminished.

Let's be real for a second, they're trying to make the Junior Dos Santos fight for the fall. Cain Velasquez can't even punch yet!! There is no way he makes it into this fight at 100%. He sat on his ass for three months because running and cardio would jar the shoulder too much.

For those who don't know, either of the two injuries he sustained is potentially career ending and he suffered them both to the same joint.

Your thoughts?

http://www.sbnation.com/mma/2011/5/1...esnar-mma-news

Luke Thomas wrote a very excellent article on the subject

Comment

exactly with the layoff and injuries I just don't know where people get he's going to run right through Dos Santos. If anything the Carwin fight was good it didn't end in the first because Dos Santos hadn't fought since my birfday August 7th, 2010. He needed to go rounds.

I'm pretty damn confident Dos Santos gonna win this fight. I like Cain and was big on him while he coming up but I just don't know if he's going to be the same.

Comment

the fall is definitely pushing it

Comment

With the money he makes he's probably getting top quality treatment, rehab etc.

The article is very informative, but an injury of this kind doesn't affect everyone the same way. I've known countless lifters who have suffered these types of injuries and with stuff like acupuncture, electric stim, deep tissue massages, AAS, GH and advanced physical therapy methods, they've been back to lifting heavy weights with almost no issues. Granted they aren't throwing punches but I'd say benching in the 800lbs range isn't exactly low impact on someone's shoulder.

But again with how much money Cain makes and the UFC now has insurance for fighters, he'll be getting top of the line care.

Cain is a tough bastard, I think he'll make it through. So yeah I wouldn't sell your stock, nor look too deep into this. Nobody has the same exact body chemistry, genetics, etc. So you can't generalize, nor can you compare a high level athlete with the everday person who can't afford to get the care they need.

Comment

^ hoping you're right, dude.

While you're right about everyone recouperating differently, there have been top athletes in baseball and boxing who have had their careers ended because of less severe injuries.

Comment

Working...
            X