Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people support boring fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like aggressive fighters most because I find it most entertaining. But I am reasonable. First of all, every fighter can be in a boring fight at some point. Secondly, sound defense and quick movement isn't boring by itself. It is only boring if it isn't used to set up offense.

As a viewer, I have no tolerance for holding. I think the commissions need to ban it, and disqualify fighters who do it. It may ruin a few fights, but it will end up making a big difference in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      anthony joshuas a pretty big draw now. if you look at fights of the year from years gone by they had action. hagler hearns considered one of best of all times cause it was real fighters trading punches. you wont see ward v green in fight of the year shortlists. as i said the 'money' persona helped floyd and he knew how to hype a fight. but people were dissapointed when they tuned in and saw him doing his track and field act. his performance against pacquiao was god damn disgraceful, watched the replay the other day, and that fight set the sport back a lot.
      what u think of victor postman and wlad???to me they are boring as hell

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        just cause you think its boring doesnt mean everyone does
        they do though. when im in the pub watching a fight theres a consensus if it was a stinker or not. the same way there is if a football match is ****. whatever sport there is if theres not much action and its cagey and defensive, its not much fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          From what I can see it is usually racial bias. Or, they identify with said fighter's persona, country of origin, or values (or lack of values).
          You know all about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom . View Post
            Interesting that the same people who bashed Wladimir Klitschko for being "boring" praise Andre Ward for his clinching, holding, head butting, grappling and clamping style.

At least Wlad scored lots of exciting KOs - he wasn't feather-fisted.
            Wlad was the HWT champion of the world. To watch him do it was embarrassing because the HWT champ is supposed to be the"baddest man on the planet". The baddest man on the planet doesn't act like that.

Comment

they do though. when im in the pub watching a fight theres a consensus if it was a stinker or not. the same way there is if a football match is ****. whatever sport there is if theres not much action and its cagey and defensive, its not much fun to watch.
              Maybe thats why you think the fight is boring-you are drunk casual fan watching with other drunken casuals. perhaps if you were just a boxing fan, you'd appreciate all styles, not just the kind you see in drunken bar fights.

Comment

what is there to like. it makes no sense. surely the whole reason of watching boxing is to be entertained, so why would you support fighters who dont provide this? Or is there another reason why people passionately defend fighters that are boring? For those who are massive fans of safety first, negative fighters, please tell us why that is....
                Why does your insecure ass care about what others like??

You are the classic definition of a cuck

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                  it makes perfect sense, you are just stupid.

people are entertained by different things.

if someone eats a dish i dont care for im not all "how peculiar. this makes no sense.. why would he punish himself with that awful taste?" if someone listens to music i dont like, watch shows i dont like, sports i dont like or particular athletes i dont like.. the principal remains the same..

if you couldnt understand why someone would find a certain style of fighting boring, that would only be slightly ignorant. but to not understand the principal of taste and preference...

remind me how you havent drowned in a bowl of soup again..

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Wlad was the HWT champion of the world. To watch him do it was embarrassing because the HWT champ is supposed to be the"baddest man on the planet". The baddest man on the planet doesn't act like that.
                    Many of you say Ward is P4P #1.

To watch him do it is embarrassing because the P4P #1 is supposed to be a boxer who wins by skill, without using those ugly tactics. The one some claim to be the best boxer on the planet shouldn't fight like that.

Comment

what is there to like. it makes no sense. surely the whole reason of watching boxing is to be entertained, so why would you support fighters who dont provide this? Or is there another reason why people passionately defend fighters that are boring? For those who are massive fans of safety first, negative fighters, please tell us why that is....
                      ever noticed the "boring" fighters for a certain demographic of posters ARE Non-European/white fighters who are dominant and dont need to be apart of Gatti/ward type fights to get the WIN.

You make this far far too easy....Mayweather was boring....whitaker was boring...to many Jones in his prime was boring.....why?

they were dominant and not the right complexion for the trolls to to get behind

Comment

Working...
                      X