No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Applies Pressure on Edwin Rodriguez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
    How good is Rodriguez? No clue who he even is.

i've been watching rodriguez since he turned pro. he's never looked to me like a remarkable fighter, but he did stop denis grachev in one round in his last fight. his resume isn't spectacular, but he had some toughish matching when he was coming up under lou dibella. grachev, of course, is famous for his stoppage of sillakh, a great amateur and a LHW. he also did OK vs bute.

Comment

Edwin i think is the best fight for ward right now,there really isnt anyone else..and what edwin did to grachev in the million dolar tourney was impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
        What are you getting at?
        I said: "Let's put it the other way: does Mr. Ward want to get $2.2 million purse plus the gate money just by having a tune-up with a nobody?"

I like stylists...
        I like the stylists tradition -- with Gene Tunney, Sugar Ray Robinson a.s.o.
        I like Rigondeaux and Mayweather. They deliver "stylist shows" actually.

... While HBO doesn't provide Rigo with any fights and any purses, the same HBO is putting more than $3 million in front of Ward in order to fight just nobody in a tune up. I suppose that Ward should be alone into the ring and get all the money.

Comment

If you watch the video, Ward says the agreement he signed is for more than they initially offered Rodriguez ($800K) but less than what Rodriguez was asking for ($1M). You have to assume that the offer now stands right around $900K for Rodriguez. If the HBO's offer for this fight was $3.15M as rumored, the split would be 70/30.

If Rodriguez walks away, he does not believe he can win this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            I said: "Let's put it the other way: does Mr. Ward want to get $2.2 million purse plus the gate money just by having a tune-up with a nobody?"

I like stylists...
            I like the stylists tradition -- with Gene Tunney, Sugar Ray Robinson a.s.o.
            I like Rigondeaux and Mayweather. They deliver "stylist shows" actually.

... While HBO doesn't provide Rigo with any fights and any purses, the same HBO is putting more than $3 million in front of Ward in order to fight just nobody in a tune up. I suppose that Ward should be alone into the ring and get all the money.
            You're still not making yourself particularly clear.

Are you saying that Ward should offer Rodriguez more money?

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            If you watch the video, Ward says the agreement he signed is for more than they initially offered Rodriguez ($800K) but less than what Rodriguez was asking for ($1M). You have to assume that the offer now stands right around $900K for Rodriguez. If the HBO's offer for this fight was $3.15M as rumored, the split would be 70/30.

If Rodriguez walks away, he does not believe he can win this fight.
            I thin Haymon's trying to convince him to work with Showtime.

Comment

I think Ward needs Edwin more at this point i mean Edwin has other easier options to consider ...People are frustrated at Wards inactivity and so he is really needing a fight soon but to only offer £800,000 when 3 million is the profit margin is not the best offer !!! Id want more to face possibly the best in that division !!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post
                Edwin should sign the contract.

$800k is more than enough for a fighter of his current standing.

He knows he will lose, so he's making a laundry list of excuses. Pretty sad.

Comment

I'll fight Ward for 800000. Seriously I would.

Comment

Fight Ward later now is not good

Rodriguez should wait a year or so before fighting the boring dull Andre Ward. Ward has no appeal or no career let that nothingness of Ward play out. Do not fight now.

Comment

Go ahead and give the guy 1 mil and make the fight happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X