No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Knocks Matthysse Out in Seventh For WBA Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Not really but its Pac and I'll watch. Having said that, I think he should have retired but Matt is not a threat. I just don't want him going in against Crawford or someone and losing to a guy he'd beat in his prime.
    Why not?
    Im sure Pac would rather go out on his shield cause he is a warrior.
    Sort of like a passing of the torch like DLH/Manny was.

Comment

Looking forward to every round.
      Bring it..

Comment

Originally posted by SAINTSTEVE View Post
        I missed the Jessie Vargas fight somehow and before that the last one I missed was David Diaz.
        I really think Pac aged overnight during the Vargas fight. Pac looked great the first three rounds, almost like prime Manny. Then he looked older as the fight continued. He slowed down, became less accurate and just coasted to a decision win.
        Last edited by Willy Wanker; 07-14-2018, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
          Why not?
          Im sure Pac would rather go out on his shield cause he is a warrior.
          Sort of like a passing of the torch like DLH/Manny was.
          Because, as good as Crawford is, he isn't anywhere on pacs prime level and I never enjoy great fighters losing to lesser fighters.

Pac v dlh were two greats, Ali v Holmes, etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
            Not I. It's a pedestrian type of fight, with ZERO importance, but I'll watch it, if I'm not doing anything worthwhile.
            you aint gotta lie to kick it. "if im not doing anything i'll watch it". lol.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
              I'm super excited because it will be an action pack fight.
              I agree. I mean Matts is a KO boxer and he is tailor made for Pac's style. It'll be fireworks while it lasts but rolling with Pac by wide decision.....could be a late stoppage for him but thinking he'll be cautious early before starting to do damage.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
                I'm super excited because it will be an action pack fight.
                Prediction:

Pac-Man beats MattY with ease.

Pac-Man the fights and beats Loma by brutal KO due to weight advantage.

Pac-Man then looks to rematch as his retirement fight M..............

Comment

I am excited about the fight. I think Pacquiao will win and look very good for a 39 year old boxer.

Comment

Interesting card from top to bottom imo

Comment

Originally posted by P.K Dionysus View Post
                      As the title asks,

Are you guys excited for this fight? This is a question that applies to everybody, not just fans of either boxer.

Speaking as a Mayweather fan, I was hella excited for MayxMac, despite not liking the matchup that was clearly a cash grab.

This is a legit fight between an aging legend, and an aging Matthysse. The preface of splitting with Roach after an age, busting (in) Buboy's mouth and generally the circumstances that arose in the buildup of this shiet has added some extra spice.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't keen to see if there is a discernible difference in Pac's performance, and whether that is due to age, or because Buboy was in charge of his training this time around.

I've never been all that excited by Lucas, but he tattooed go faster stripes on his arms to help him connect with Pac's face.

Anyway, how many of you are keen for this fight, and how many will be tuning in because it'll be on?
                      None of the options actually. But I selected mad excited.

Tbh, I’ve never been scared for Pac in any other fight than this one. I just wish he retired after Bradley III or Vargas or KOed Horn and rode into the sunset.
                      KOing Pac is just so much possible at this stage compare to any point of his career. And I’m sure I’m not even hyping Matthysse up.

He is 39 going 40. Horn was landing last time and was pushing him around and that was a year ago.

If Matthysse lands a super clean solid punch I think Pac sleeps again. And I don’t think I can stomach to see that again. I was okay at Marquez IV, just not on this one.

I’m even thinking of not watching the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X