Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of people who commit suicide?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's obviously not something i would consider but i don't know what goes through someone's mind when they do this. i've never thought about killing myself. i've known of 4 in my life & they all were different circumstances. i've seen on tv or read about a rich celebrity or athlete who commits suicide & i wonder why? you are rich! depression can be a dangerous mental illness...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      it's obviously not something i would consider but i don't know what goes through someone's mind when they do this. i've never thought about killing myself. i've known of 4 in my life & they all were different circumstances. i've seen on tv or read about a rich celebrity or athlete who commits suicide & i wonder why? you are rich! depression can be a dangerous mental illness...
      Maybe they killed themselves to become more famous or whatever but one for sure their death were big news.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        All human beings know what survival means. It's in our DNA. Self preservation is the strongest of all motivating factors for human beings. People who commit suicide simply don't give a **** about such primitive desires for survival. They're fully aware of it, they just don't care anymore.

Which is why the decision to commit suicide is, in my eyes, a ballsy move. I might even argue a noble move given our own species' blatantly obvious disregard for population control.
        I actually agree with Bringer here.

Probably because I am not afraid to admit that I am afraid to die.

Comment

I've had times in my life where I was depressed but I never even came close to even considering suicide(I can already feel a suicidal person telling me "you don't know what real pain is!"). Mostly because of logical, sane reasons of cource. But also simply because I know there are people out there who care about me, and why would I be so damn selfish to make them live with this kind of pain or even GUILT for the rest of their lives? And the counter argument of "it's selfish to make a suicidal person continue to live" is idiotic. You're not gonna make him live like that, you get him/her professional help as much as you can.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
            I find it hard to pitty them. They are selfish to take the weak way out when their family(parents/kids) has to live with their selfish act for the rest of their lifes.

So if anyone is ever confronted with the temptation, think of others for a change and don't do it,
            for them.
            It is selfish for them to kill themselves, but not selfish for friends, family, and supporters to want someone to continue to live who is obviously suffering?

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
              It is selfish for them to kill themselves, but not selfish for friends, family, and supporters to want someone to continue to live who is obviously suffering?
              The post right above you touched on that idiotic argument. You get them professional help(and tons of former-suicidal people have changed their lives that way) not just let them rot away in their depression. Again, it's very idiotic to act like it's selfish to not allow somebody to commit suicide. You can't reason with somebody who is that far gone mentally, you can't just act like they're thinking rationally and let them go right ahead. Thank God that is actually illegal too.

Comment

that's a very sad situation, to get to a point in your life that you feel completely alone and the only exit out of your problems is to terminate your own life.

Comment

If drugging people up with ****tails of meds is the best method of prevention, then by all means. Fundamentally doesn't make it NOT selfish. They'll just be too drugged up to probably care anymore.

Comment

I don't know how true it is but maybe Nodogoshi can confirm but some chick from work was telling me that they have a high suicide rate among young Japanese specially if they fail to make it through school or if they fail at work. It brings shame on their family and many commit suicide cause of it.
                    Last edited by El Malo.; 11-02-2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Although the thought and act of killing yourself takes balls, it's still a cowardly stupid move. That is my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X