Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Canelo have a chance of ever surpassing Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ddeg10 View Post
    Not as far as consensus goes - Mayweather schooled him which will always be the difference, no matter what Canelo does.
    Schooling someone in one fight when opponent is at weakest don't mean much as it don't mean youd win a second fight.. At the point people had nelo favourite to beat Floyd Floyd didn't want it

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
      Theoretically speaking, he could say move all the way to say heavyweight like Roy Jones did & win the heavyweight title and that would put him in the top 10 or 20 of all-time.

As it's going, no, because he's basically reliving Floyd's career, but with more robberies.
      Nailed it! Well said. Id green you but idk if that would do more harm than good lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
        Schooling someone in one fight when opponent is at weakest don't mean much as it don't mean youd win a second fight.. At the point people had nelo favourite to beat Floyd Floyd didn't want it
        Well thats a contradiction. Right now kovalev is at his weakest too. So i guess when canelo wins it wont mean as much?
        Also was canelo ever a favorite to beat froid? I dont ever recall that

Comment

If he went Undisputed in 2 weight classes 160 & 175.

Comment

Originally posted by Vodkaholic View Post
            Well thats a contradiction. Right now kovalev is at his weakest too. So i guess when canelo wins it wont mean as much?
            Also was canelo ever a favorite to beat froid? I dont ever recall that
            True, but at least kovakev isn't green and inexperienced. At least kovakev has fought people and no Cw.
            Floyd fans go on about how great a win nelo was for floyd through insecurity. Pac s win over cottos better.
            But Pac fans don't go on about Pac s win over cott o because Pac has so many good wins. All Floyd fans talk about is his win over pac, nel o and jmm
            Last edited by hugh grant; 09-20-2019, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Sure.
              Problem is, some of his best wins are very controversial. And, he's got a loss in which he was completely clowned. That's a lot to overcome if you want to beat Mayweather status.
              But, he's still young and it's possible.
              I agree with you. Nobody will be in awe of Nelos ability like they were with Floyd’s. Nelo would have to beat a young eventual superstar like Floyd did and that may never happen. Truth is Floyd was important to watch because u had to be there in case he lost. Nelos greatest accomplishment is getting someone to score a draw against Floyd. I know it doesnt seem likely but eventually Nelo will be punished for being nelo. Nothing lasts forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Viral Larry View Post
                yes he does..He is on the right path
                Has he done so already?

Comment

Can he? Sure. Will he? I doubt it.

Canelo will have to do something astonishing to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post

Excuses man. Canelo fought an old man in his prime and got a boxing lesson. He wasn't KO'd. He just got completely out boxed.

and the last bit, you want a 42 year old man to fight again? Come on man. Get that out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
                      With a victory over Kovalev he would have accomplished some things Floyd never did
                      He climbed higher in weight, but I’m not sure that version of kovalev is better than the de la Hoya mayweather decisioned. If canelo unified titles with beterbiev, that would eclipse any accomplishment of floyd’s.

Comment

Working...
                      X