No announcement yet.

mcgregor has a lot to lose...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcgregor has a lot to lose...

obviously theres a lot of pressure on floyd, but theres still lots of pressure on mcgregors shoulders. i dont know what its like in the US, but theres a LOT of people who think mcgregor can do it over here in UK

Theyve been drawn into his boasts and genuinely believe hes going to do the business.

Hes not seen as some plucky underdog. Im not exaggerating on my facebook its probably about 50/50 as to who wins. Ive seen friends fall out over the outcome of this fight lol

And when theres so many people invested in him, theres going to be a lot of anger when he stinks out the joint/looks like trash and people have paid money to see it.

Mcgregor can say 'oh its not my sport' but hes been **** talking for weeks on weeks about how he can come in and dominate, people are going to be ****ed off if its not competitive and he will be seen as a con artist. This guy is a hero to many and the way he is viewed could change significantly after this fight. To me he seems like someone who is very much in touch with his fanbase so this is going to hurt him.

Casuals are frustratingly stupid but they could well see this as some supposedly prime striker in mcgregor getting beaten up by an old man coming out of retirement.

Although the millions of dollars will help, this is a guy who is idolised by many and he could get absolutely whooped. Thats going to hurt any sportsman.

Come saturday night he could be the butt of a thousand jokes and memes and the mcgregor aura pretty much dies. Look how quickly rhonda rouseys demise came.

Its going to be clear that all his sparring stories were bull**** and all the crap coming out from his camp was propaganda.

Thats why in some ways we should encourage his **** talk, enjoy it, cause you know the pride always becomes before the fall and very soon he is going to be very much humbled...

McGregor has nothing to lose. His towelboys already have an entire book of excuses waiting for when he gets smashed.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
      McGregor has nothing to lose. His towelboys already have an entire book of excuses waiting for when he gets smashed.
      I predict McGregor gets stopped quite easily and then his fans say it was a fixed fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
        I predict McGregor gets stopped quite easily and then his fans say it was a fixed fight.
        He can always rely on
        "meet me in the octogon" to save face once he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
          He can always rely on
          "meet me in the octogon" to save face once he loses.
          Yeah but he will do it in a way to look like there's no excuse.

He'll just try and do it in a respectful way like "i wanted to come to boxing but i wanted to fight the best" then he will suggest Floyd does the same.

Comment

my feeling is that if it plays out as a lot of us expect and he's stopped, it'll have a kick on effect to his next UFC fight (whether Diaz or Khabib) and he'll lose that. Follow up fight too. I think the ego deflation and loss of mysticism around that left hand will be permanent. If you want to talk about it karma-wise, I'm viewing the whole thing as basically a sell out on his part followed by a steady decline. After all the guy's never defended a belt in the UFC. So yeah he has a lot to lose, because if you lose your illusion and sense of mystique, it's rare to get it back, especially when a **** ton of bull**** talk boomerangs on you.

Comment

To be honest I'm surprised he got a fight with Floyd after getting slapped and choked by Diaz

Comment

He and White talked too much trash and now they do have a lot to lose. After Mayweather embarrasses McGregor the pundits will say, "see, MMA people don't know a thing about boxing."

Comment

I don't think it's a major embarrassment if he loses. In the end he lost to TBE in a sport he has zero experience in and the millions he's gonna earn will help cushion the blow to his ego.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    obviously theres a lot of pressure on floyd, but theres still lots of pressure on mcgregors shoulders. i dont know what its like in the US, but theres a LOT of people who think mcgregor can do it over here in UK

Theyve been drawn into his boasts and genuinely believe hes going to do the business.

Hes not seen as some plucky underdog. Im not exaggerating on my facebook its probably about 50/50 as to who wins. Ive seen friends fall out over the outcome of this fight lol

And when theres so many people invested in him, theres going to be a lot of anger when he stinks out the joint/looks like trash and people have paid money to see it.

Mcgregor can say 'oh its not my sport' but hes been **** talking for weeks on weeks about how he can come in and dominate, people are going to be ****ed off if its not competitive and he will be seen as a con artist. This guy is a hero to many and the way he is viewed could change significantly after this fight. To me he seems like someone who is very much in touch with his fanbase so this is going to hurt him.

Casuals are frustratingly stupid but they could well see this as some supposedly prime striker in mcgregor getting beaten up by an old man coming out of retirement.

Although the millions of dollars will help, this is a guy who is idolised by many and he could get absolutely whooped. Thats going to hurt any sportsman.

Come saturday night he could be the butt of a thousand jokes and memes and the mcgregor aura pretty much dies. Look how quickly rhonda rouseys demise came.

Its going to be clear that all his sparring stories were bull**** and all the crap coming out from his camp was propaganda.

Thats why in some ways we should encourage his **** talk, enjoy it, cause you know the pride always becomes before the fall and very soon he is going to be very much humbled...
                    McGregor has NOTHING to lose! Its his 1st boxing match, he got his career payday, a chance to share the ring with T.B.E., his promotion team, can go back to ufc & win a couple fights & probably gain some boxing fans. Even though Floyd is going to put a whoopin on him I like Conor he's a good fighter & a funny dude, he made me a fan of his now.

Comment

Working...
                    X