No announcement yet.

Measuring Nonito Donaire vs. Abner Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring Nonito Donaire vs. Abner Mares

the top dogs in the 122 Lbs. division, an undefeated super bantamweight champion with an all out no quits aggressive fighting style coupled with an impressive record up against the division's undisputed lineal champion who is arguably the most complete fighter in the entire lower weight division is a sure candidate for fight of the year, maybe even knock out of the year.

the mares-donaire fight is the fight that everybody's talking about. however, the fight may be difficult to make since golden boy and top rank, mares's and donaire's respective promoters, are not in a working relationship, to put it mildly. after an entertaining show stopping performance by mares, he called out donaire to face him next.

there is talk of dela hoya would even see arum in person by going to vegas to discuss a potential match between donaire-mares. i personally think it makes a lot of sense in terms of p4p draw not to mention also generate huge revenue. after the arce fight (which is obviously all about money), donaire's most logical move would be to face mares.

your thoughts?

mares wins, nonito protected like all Philippians.

When they all meet a mex they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post

you're a bit delusional here.

Mares has the p4p ability to stylistically give donaire a good fight but will ultimately get outpointed. donaire has more patience and solidity

Comment

Originally posted by Cállate! View Post

Mares has the p4p ability to stylistically give donaire a good fight but will ultimately get outpointed. donaire has more patience and solidity
        i make a guess, mares has heart but donaire's got the brains. stylistically, it is a toss up and that's what makes it a great competitive fight. if doanire wins by knock out (which is very possible), i think he's pretty much cleaned the division single handedly. rigo's got a good game, but he's still untested in the pro ring. mikey garcia vs. donaire is very unlikely since they share the same trainers. money wise if donaire decies to move up, salido is a solid name but he's got to race garcia for it though.

Comment

this is kind of a dumb statement.....

Comment

Donaire better protect his balls. Mares is coming in to beat it

Comment

FYI, it's Filipinos campañero. if your gonna disrespect, at least do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Cállate! View Post

good point, but i'll make an educated guess after i see how donaire deals a good pressure fighter like arce. if he knock 'em out, then i think donaire will do the same to mares

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                  this is kind of a dumb statement.....

everyone's got their own opinion, but yeah, what he said kinda makes no sense, filipino fighters always perform well against the aggressive mexican style

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    Donaire better protect his balls. Mares is coming in to beat it
                    depending on how donaire performs against a good pressure fighter like arce, i think donaire can definitely beat mares, maybe even by knock out, but we'll have to wait and see

Comment

Working...
                    X