No announcement yet.

How Did You Score It RBR: Larry Holmes vs Michael Spinks I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
    Spinks certainly was visibly awkward.... his movement about the ring appeared staccato... far removed from smooth and graceful.
    I was surprised by that. I don't think I've watched a Spinks fight except the Tyson one in forever. I'm not sure I've even watched this particular fight or the rematch ever in fact. I know I've always thought of Spinks as a slicker guy in my head for some reason doe. He's not slick at all or wasn't in this fight anyway.

He did have a smart game plan/Ring IQ.

Comment

Yes. He was constantly moving which gave Holmes trouble especially in fight one.

Comment

Originally posted by HOUDINI563 View Post
        Yes. He was constantly moving which gave Holmes trouble especially in fight one.
        I'm gonna have to watch the 2nd fight soon & score it. I'm curious about that one now & I know that was a close fight on the cards too.

Comment

The second bout I had solidly for Holmes. This fight and Zarate-Pintor were the two worst decisions I’ve witness. Both once the final bell rang I felt no chance Pintor or Spinks would win.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            I was surprised by that. I don't think I've watched a Spinks fight except the Tyson one in forever. I'm not sure I've even watched this particular fight or the rematch ever in fact. I know I've always thought of Spinks as a slicker guy in my head for some reason doe. He's not slick at all or wasn't in this fight anyway.

He did have a smart game plan/Ring IQ.
            That is part of his fighting style. He had a way of getting his opponents off their game.

Comment

Working...
            X