Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: It Was a Clear Victory - I Showed I'm a Great Fighter!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo: It Was a Clear Victory - I Showed I'm a Great Fighter!

Mexico's Saul "Canelo" Alvarez ended Gennady Golovkin's unbeaten reign as unified middleweight champion here Saturday, battling to victory by majority decision in a pulsating rematch. Alvarez showed skill and durability to outlast Golovkin in another attritional contest between the two evenly-matched rivals at the T-Mobile Arena, one year after they had fought to a controversial draw at the same venue.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Before fight: Mexican style doe, he ran doe, big drama show doe, he fake doe, corruption doe, he cheated doe, he dirty doe, needle marks doe, toe to toe doe.

After fight: Runs to dressing room in shame.

Canelo beat the living **** out of Gaylovkin and sent him crying to the showers.

Comment

The body work of Canelo is pretty awesome.

Nelo neutralized GGG with body shots.

115-113 to Canelo.

And GGG very bad, only landing jabs against a natural smaller rival.

Comment

I was never a fan and I thought he ran almost all of the first fight but the man has definitely earned my respect.

He walked gg down, and never flinched

Comment

I thought canelo clearly lost the fight. He was flat footed, had ok stamina, and wasn’t aggressive enough. Most of his shots were blocked as well. In fact, he can’t fight on the move which is why golovkin kept turning him around in a circle. It is what it is, though. Great fight. Vegas is the Mecca of corruption.

Comment

If you have read my comments lately, you would acknowledge I´m a big Canelo fan, fancy him above GGG if you will. I personally felt that GGG connected more this fight, but fought Canelo´s fight. When the scores were read I was expecting 115-113 GGG, but it was the other way around. While feeling that the judges would favor GGG for being the champion, I reckon he backed up the entire fight and looked as if he was going to take a knee at one point from those body punches. I watched the fight on a British network and Barry McGuigan and David Haye had it on point, giving Canelo credit for slipping punches, coming forward, landing the more telling shots, etc. They made me more comfortable with the outcome and now am Convinced Canelo won that fight. I really enjoyed it, made my year. Here´s the fight if you missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A73TyaXCIQg

Comment

Comment

If GGG was as good as you all think he is. The fight shouldn't have even been close, leave no doubt. But of course the most feared middleweight barley edged decisions vs Jacobs and Canelo.

Comment

Thought it was a clear result for canelo
                  He had ggg on the back foot from the off. In the first fight canelo was forced to fight a different style & gained confidence in the last few rounds. He carried that into the fight. I thought ggg looked old early in the fight. Canelo had better punch selection & great subtle movement. He stalked ggg for a lot of that fight & made ggg look like a plodder. I thought it was going to mirror the first fight. Ggg coming on late. For me that was the closest we got to what we exoected of ggg. Canelo matched him. He beat ggg at his own style tonight
                  Ggg was game but without a gameplan

Was a good fight & no whitewash, close rounds but canelo consistently did the better work

Comment

Originally posted by O Prophet View Post
                    Before fight: Mexican style doe, he ran doe, big drama show doe, he fake doe, corruption doe, he cheated doe, he dirty doe, needle marks doe, toe to toe doe.

After fight: Runs to dressing room in shame.

Canelo beat the living **** out of Gaylovkin and sent him crying to the showers.
                    BWaHaahaHA!!

Comment

Working...
                    X