No announcement yet.

Jermaine Taylor is true throwback WARRIOR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jermaine Taylor is true throwback WARRIOR

Never backs down or quits on his stool. He fights the best under any circumstances win or lose. He fights the guys nobody wants to fight and gives them a chance to make a name for themselves.(Pavlik/Abraham/Froch/Ward/Kessler). Those 5 names are the who's who of 160 and 168. He even wanted to fight Joe Cal before he retired.

If Taylor was a ***** he would duck guys and protect his record but that's not his style. He ain't past it but when you fight that many quality opposition constantly you lose something every fight.

You keyboard warriors thinking he has no heart do not understand how serious the sport of boxing is. Fighting at the highest of levels facing the best of the best is not easy or joke. You can get seriously hurt permanently, yet you sit there like a *** and calling JT weak minded or heartless. Pathetic! I would love for you to say that to any man to his face who risk his life and well being.

Those of you who **** on Taylor are pretty stupid. Fact is Pavlik's best win is Taylor x2. Froch's best win is against Taylor. Abraham's best win is against Taylor.

If all fighters where like Jermain Taylor by taking on all comers than Boxing
    would be at the top of the sport world. Not on JT's nuts but you gotta appreciate the man as guys like him are rare in these times.

much respect for JT.

Comment

There's a difference between "Never backing down" and not having a defensive strategy. Just saying.

But still, much respect for Jermain.

Comment

Yea I like him if a few things went diffrent he could easily be 31-1. He woulda lost either way last night...although if he wasnt knocked out all them times he maybe woulda sharper.

Comment

i dont get the idiots who say he has no heart....he beats hopkins(p4p#1 at the time )with controversy, he gives him his rematch, he drew with wright(p4p#2)...(a fight i thought jermaine lost....but he aint judging them fights so how is it his fault?), offered him his rematch,pavlik kos him brutally, he wants an immediate rematch and almost wins, he has the froch fight in the bag, doesnt run....... gets dropped hard by froch when he is gassed out, he gets up and takes punches till he's done......signs for the super six against some hard ass fighters, and fights the most brutal puncher in the weightclass in his first fight after just getting KO'ed......

Comment

i have nothing but respect for taylor...i enjoy watching him fight...hes a likable guy as well, IMO...

he might want to consider hanging them up, though...unfortunately...

Comment

I still kinda hope he can go on, and still redeem himself. But he probably should retire.

Comment

He keeps losing fights maybe because of his camp, lack of dicipline or maybe he just isn't as hungry as he was before... But nobody seriously can deny that this guy has the heart of a true champ and skill too.. he just needs a better trainer and quick...

Comment

Originally posted by Tyson2k7 View Post
                  Never backs down or quits on his stool. He fights the best under any circumstances win or lose. He fights the guys nobody wants to fight and gives them a chance to make a name for themselves.(Pavlik/Abraham/Froch/Ward/Kessler). Those 5 names are the who's who of 160 and 168. He even wanted to fight Joe Cal before he retired.

If Taylor was a ***** he would duck guys and protect his record but that's not his style. He ain't past it but when you fight that many quality opposition constantly you lose something every fight.

You keyboard warriors thinking he has no heart do not understand how serious the sport of boxing is. Fighting at the highest of levels facing the best of the best is not easy or joke. You can get seriously hurt permanently, yet you sit there like a *** and calling JT weak minded or heartless. Pathetic! I would love for you to say that to any man to his face who risk his life and well being.

Those of you who **** on Taylor are pretty stupid. Fact is Pavlik's best win is Taylor x2. Froch's best win is against Taylor. Abraham's best win is against Taylor.

If all fighters where like Jermain Taylor by taking on all comers than Boxing
                  would be at the top of the sport world. Not on JT's nuts but you gotta appreciate the man as guys like him are rare in these times.
                  great post

Comment

much love to jermain taylor always fought the best and gave it his best no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                    X